Chapter 10

The shower water beats down on my skin, the ice cold temperature numbing my skin before cooling it. I step out and my temperature instantly shoots back up. I sit down on the floor and the sound of rain fights against the bathroom window. I pull on my shorts and t-shirt.

Suddenly, i feel a hot breath on my neck and hands wrapping around my waist. I place my hands over Zeke's and lean my full weight on him.

"How are you feeling today, babe?" Zeke whispers into my ear.

"Hot."

"Mmm." He moans, teasing me.

"Not that type of hot." I point out and push him away.

I walk out of our bedroom and head to the front door.

"Skye wait!" Zeke shouts, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards him.

"What is it?" I impatiently ask, i have a meeting with Colson.

"We need to talk about the tour. I have to give them my decision tonight."

"I don't know Zeke. How long is it for?"

"A year."

"A year?! I don't think its a good idea." I whisper.

"Why not? Its my dream."

"I can't." I mumble, pulling away from him and standing into the rain.

The drops trickle down my neck and along my spine, making me shiver. The rain drops stick to my eyelashes and clump together.

"Skye! Stop!" Zeke screams, stepping outside after me. Rain sticks to his blonde hair and travels down his face.

"What Zeke? I know its your dream but we can't go on this tour with you." I speak, rain dropping into my speaking lips.

"You've done your dream. This isn't about you now, this is about me and this tour will be me completing my dream." Zeke argues.

I glance up and rain falls down his pale face. While his eyes glitter with hope and curiosity.

"Can we talk later? I don't like the rain." I lie.

"Don't lie to me. I know you love the rain"

"I can't go around the world with you." I argue.

"This isn't about you!" He screams, exposing his pearly teeth and his face tenses with anger.

"Im dying." I shout, rain filling my mouth and trickling down my throat.

Zeke stops, pulls away from me and takes a step back. His eyes widen with shock, but he leaves his mouth wide open.

"You're what?"

"Im dying, Zeke. I have about two weeks left." I whisper, tears mixing with the rain.

"Huh?" Zeke questions.

"My mutation is taking control of me. In two weeks i will either die or won't be able to control myself." I explain.

"B-But..." He stutters.

"Go on the bloody tour." I hiss and climb into my car, starting it and driving away. Leaving Zeke standing in the rain in front of the house.

Colson stands at the elevator doors, arms crossed and his face shows pure anger.

"Im so sorry Im late. I shouted at Zeke, telling me I was dying."

"What did he say?" Colson asks, uncrossing his arms and loosening.

"Nothing, so i left." I point out as i step past him and onto the floor.

"You left? In the middle of an argument?"