Chapter 2

There's a knock at the door and i answer it, seeing Zeke with his hands in his pockets.

"Come in." I order, leaving the door open and walking back in.

Paper is spread out on the living room floor, pens are hiden under somewhere. I gently kick them to the side and lean on the sofa.

"Skye, we need to talk." Zeke points out.

"I know." I whisper.

"I still love you, but you're so distant now."

"Its my mutation, isn't it?"

"Im really busy and under a lot of pressure and you're power is too much for me at the moment." Zeke admits, nodding.

I walk out of the bright living room and into the dark basement. I don't want him to know that hurt me. I don't want him to know that stabbed into my heart like a knife. To the left is a small kitchen with a coffee maker for when Im up all night. Opposite is my row of cars. Porches, feraris, BMWs, audis, all in different shades of colour. To the right is my display of my blue and silver Iron suits that shine under their spotlights. The smell of aluminum fills my nose and i smile at the familiarity.

"Mum, we're going now!" Hope shouts as she steps down the glass stairs.

"Ill pick you up tomorrow. Love you." I reply.

"Love you too." Hope repeats.

"Love you mum." Lucas shouts down and i hear the door shut behind them.

"Reminder: the meeting at 6:30pm." Jarvis announces.

"Yep, thanks."

"There's a phone call from Sir Colson."

I pick up the phone from the glass desk and sigh. What does he want?

"Hello?"

"Hello Skye." Colson says.

"You rang me? Im alone tonight and i was just about to go out and cause trouble." I tease.

"I rang because we have a new experimental drug that we want to try."

"And you're telling me this because..."

"It destroys mutations."

"And you're telling me this because..." I question again.

"You're the most powerful mutant we know and we thought we'd give you the first try. The drug could turn you into a human."

I drop the phone and sprint to my car.

I could be normal.

Zeke would want to be with me.