Chapter 10: The Boy With the Sticks

On the last two days on Zinnia's venture to find the Dragon children as she liked to call them, she found them to be the most difficult. She had no possible idea where Wendy was, the young girl was completely gone. Vanished into thin air, along with her things. She's only a small child, she wouldn't leave the only place she knew. Wendy knew that if something happened she would wait for Zinnia to come, knowing that Zinnia would. Someone must have found her. Zinnia knew that she had to find Wendy, she had to make sure that she was alright, she had to know where she was so she could watch her. 

Late into the night Zinnia looked for the girl walking for miles until she came across a small camp that had a boy with blue hair sitting in front of a fire and what looked like another body sleeping on the ground next to him. Growing closer Zinnia could see that the other body was Wendy, not thinking Zinnia ran up grabbing the boy from behind making sure that he didn't make a sound.

"Where did you find her?" Zinnia asked him.

"She was alone and crying, she couldn't find her mother. I wasn't going to leave her there." He said looking over at the sleeping body. "Are you her mother?"

"What is your name boy?"

"Jellal." 

"No it isn't." Zinnia snapped at his answer. She knew better, she knew where that evil child was, she knew that Jellal wasn't on the main land. This wasn't him, it looked like him, but it wasn't him. "You're from Edolas. You're from the other world, aren't you?" Zinnia knew of the other world, she knew of it very well, Zeref always talked of it, she had read many books on it. She wished to have gone there from time to time, believing that there wasn't something right with that world. 

"How do you know of that world?" The boy asked shocked that the girl in front of him knew of the world he was from.

"I am very, very old, immortal you might say. Not by choice. My name is Zinnia, Zinnia the Dragon Savior, or Zeref's sister, I know you've heard of him. That girl you are with is one of the children of the last dragons. She's a powerful mage. Her mother is a good dragon, with a pure heart. I've been looking for her for days." Zinnia told the boy. It was useless to try and hide anything from the boy. 

"My name is really Jellal. I am the Prince of Edolas, but was banished from the land. Wendy has said very kind words of you. She talks about how she should have waited for you, but wasn't sure if you were going to come or not, not sure if you knew that her mother was gone." Jellal smiled at the young girl who slept only feet away from them.

"I had to find the other children, I was on my way to find her. I still need to find one more." Zinnia sighed also looking over at the small girl. Wendy, the only girl out of the group, but she was a strong one, well she would be when she learned how to use her offensive magic. She would, one day. "I have something to ask of you." 

"What is it?"

"Take care of her. For a little while, I need to calm down the other children and make sure that they are safe. I know that if she is with you she is safe. Don't tell her that I was here, I'll find you again another time to make sure that she is alright. Just please, look after her for a little while." Zinnia pleaded to the boy. 

"I- How many other children are there?" 

"There is four, one is completely under my care and at my guild, if I'm not back in five days he's going to come looking for me and go looking for his father and I'll never find him than. Another is waiting for me at his home that he stayed in with his father, another an old couple found and is looking after him, the last I still need to find." Zinnia sighs thinking about Rouge, he took a liking to her from the day that he met her, she knew that he was looking for her, worried sick and scared to death with out her or his father. For being the son of the Shadow dragon, he's a bit of a scaredy cat and baby at times.

"I'll look after her. I don't know for how long though." Jellal smiled.

"Thank you so much." Zinnia grinned a light going off in her head. She snapped her fingers making a small bird appear. "At the time when you can no longer look after Wendy, send this little one to me, just give me a couple of days notice. I'll be to wherever you are as fast as I can." The little bird flew over landing on the boy's shoulder.

"It will just follow us until the time comes?"

"Indeed. Give it a whistle at night and give it it's orders. Handy isn't it?"

"Very."

"I must go now. Thank you for this. I knew she is in good hands. Also, if at any point in time, you need something, even after you are done with Wendy, feel free to come to me for anything. Just come to Fairy Tail, it's my guild, we'll help you with anything that you need." Zinnia smiled before walking away from the boy with a smile at Wendy.

Jellal looked at the small bird taking it into his hands. The small bird had a strange mark on it, it looked slightly like a bird, but, more like... A fairy. The guild mark. Fairy Tail, Jellal would remember that.