Chapter 9: Two Down

Zinnia walked around Fiore for five days finding the rest of the young Dragon Slayers. Sting was found in the forest by an elderly couple who took him in, Zinnia knew that she couldn't be around him much, watching him from afar, she didn't want to scare the elderly couple. 

"Sting, you'll be good here right? You'll be nice to these people?" Zinnia said to the small boy who stood in front of her crying.

"Why can't I go with you?" 

"Sting, you know why you can't. I'll come and check on you whenever I can, okay?" 

"O-okay. I'll be good. Please come back soon." Sting said giving her a hug.

"I will Sting. I promise."

"I love you, Zinnia." Zinnia smiled hugging the boy. All of the kids cared for her, she was never sure why they liked her so much, maybe it was because she was really the only human contact that they've had in their lives of living with Dragons.

Zinnia found Gajeel right where he always was, sitting in the den that Metalicana and he lived in. She knew that he wouldn't do anywhere, he's a little bit of a scaredy dragon when he didn't know where his father was at. 

"Z-Zinnia where did Metalicana go? He hasn't been home for days." Gajeel said when seeing Zinnia running over to her and hugging her. 

"I don't know Gajeel, all of the Dragons have seemed to vanished, I'm out looking for them, I knew that I had to come and check on you."

"Really? It's not just dad? What could have happened?" 

"I don't know Gajeel, but I'm going to find out okay? I have a question for you though. Do you want to stay here or come with me?" She knew that Gajeel could take care of himself, she wasn't worried about him like she was the others. Sting, Rouge, and Wendy were all younger than Natsu and Gajeel. Though she knew that she couldn't leave Natsu alone, he'd end up getting himself killed if she wasn't careful.

"I want to stay here and see if dad comes back. I know that's he okay, I'm sure of it." Gajeel grinned.

"Okay. I'll be back as soon as I can. You stay safe, got it?" 

"Got it. Ge-he." Gajeel smirked at her as she hugged him once more before leaving him there. She would be back after she found Rouge and Wendy.