Chapter 7: It All Comes Together

July 1, X777

"We must do something to protect the children." Igneel roared pounding his foot on the ground.

"I agree with you, but what can you do? If you leave them all alone, something will happen to them." Zinnia sighed looking down at the now not so small children that ran around the lake in Magnolia forest. Her eyes caught the pink haired young Fire Dragon Slayer Natsu, she remembers the day that she met him very clearly, she remembered the day that he was born, and the day that he died. She remembered much of his past that he knew nothing about and most likely never will. She thinks back to the day that she found Zeref on Tenure island months after seeing young Natsu again for the first time in years. 

Zinnia after many months of searching was about to give up. She had no possible idea where her retched brother could be. She's looked for months now, it was like he had vanished from the face of the earth, died or something, though she knew that couldn't happen. Her last place to look was an island called Tenrou that they visited once when people wanted Zeref dead quite badly, let's go with, he started another war and almost killed over half of Fiore.

Tenure Island now also happened to be Fairy Tail sacred ground. Mavis only knows what could happen there.

Mavis easily found Zeref, it was like he was waiting for her. "Zeref." Zinnia said holding back the anger in her voice.

"Dear sister, how have you been?" Zeref asked.

"Great until I saw something the other day that scared the daylights out of me." 

"Was one of the dragons dead?"

"No. But our dead brother was no longer dead." Zinnia sneered at Zeref. He had killed so may of her dragon friends, then he has to heart o say that. How dare he.

"Oh, you've seen him have you? I was wondering if you ever would."

"Why is he alive Zeref?" 

"I brought him back to life long ago. I kept it from you for many reasons. I left him where I knew one of your dragons would find him. I knew he was in good hands Zinnia."

"How did you bring him back to life?" Zinnia asked a growl coursing through her voice.

"He's one of the demons from my books." Zeref answered blankly.

"YOU MADE HIM INTO A DEMON?!" Zinnia screamed in horror. She couldn't believe it. Her brother was alive, and he was a demon.

"Yes, but he can't use his power. It's hidden inside of him very well. It will take him many years to be able to use it. He'll most likely never even know about it. Until I want to die that is."

"Until you want to die? What does that mean?"

"Natsu is the only one that can kill me. When he is able to unlock his true power he will be able to kill me, until then, he is a normal human learning the magic of the dragons." 

"I- I would say that I have a problem with this, but I don't. I do, but I don't. He is alive, and I am happy about that, but he is a demon which I am not happy about. I'll have to keep this from everyone, no one can know, not even Igneel." 

"Igneel knows. Just make sure that the two of you are along when you talk about it." Zeref said turning from his sister. "I'll see you around." He disappeared into the island forest. Zinnia knew that she wouldn't see him for a while, not because she wouldn't be able to find him, but because she knew that he wanted to be left in peace for now. She would give him that wish, and he didn't have many left.

"If we can't leave them, then what can we do?" Metalicana asked. Zinnia thought about it, she knew of a few ways of keeping the children safe, but wasn't sure if we could manger to keep them all together.

"Tell them everything. Everything that they must know, I will block their memories of it until they will be allowed to know. I will try and keep the children safe. I don't know if I can keep them together, but I will try my best." Zinnia told the dragons. She looked at the children running around playing with each other. She will make them forget about these days where the played together as a family, she knew that they would somehow content everything together once they got older. 

"But you just said-"

"I know that I said. But, we all know that they only way that they won't be like Acnologia is for you all to become one with them. They will think that you died or left them. I will find them homes, most likely guilds. I'll do what I can for them." Zinnia hated doing this. She didn't want to make the dragons leave, they were her family, along with the children. 

"If you think that is what is best Zinnia." Skiadrum said looking at his fellow dragons. They were all skeptical about it, but they had no reason but to trust Zinnia with this.

"I don't know what is best. But for now that is our only option." There wasn't much too it. But it would all come together on the 7th of July in the year X777.