Chapter 6: A Very Old Face

X774

"I never thought that you all would take in small children and teach them Dragon Slayer magic." Zinnia laughed looking at all of her dragon friends. It had been a few years from the time that she has last seen them. She had been so busy with the guild, helping Makarov most of the time. The only dragon that wasn't at this meeting was Igneel and Zinnia was worried. Igneel liked to get into trouble starting fights and only Mavis knows what else. Grandeeney told her that he was just a little late.

"Here he comes." Metalicana says looking up to the sky while Gajeel jumps on his back. Igneel's large red figure was speeding over to them.

"Sorry, I was having some problems." Igneel says when he lands. A small boy with pink hair sits on his head, frowning at his foster father.

"Why did you stop Iggy?" The boy asked.

"Because, we're where I was telling you that we were going Natsu." Natsu. Zinnia's head snapped over to Igneel, her eyes widening at the pink haired child.

"Impossible." She gasped.

"What's wrong child?" Skiadrum asked her, taking his eyes off of young Rouge for a moment. Rouge and Skiadrum were the only ones that Zinnia has seen many times before this meeting.

"I-it's nothing." She told him. She cleared her mind, knowing that once this day was over, she needed to go on another journey for a short time. Zinnia walked over to Igneel never taking her eyes off of the pink haired boy that sat on his back. 

"Zinnia, I want you to meet Natsu." Igneel says as she comes to them. The boy slides down his foster fathers back and falls in front of Zinnia with a smile. 

"Hello there little one." Zinnia smiled at the boy. She was having mixed feelings about this boy. There would be only one person that would be able to explain to her what exactly was going on. Finding that person was another task that no one knew how long it would take.

"Natsu, this is Zinnia. She's a very old friend of mine." The boy looked at Zinnia still with a smile, but confusion running across his face. "Say hello Natsu." Igneel said pushing the boy gently with his snout.

"Hello." The boy said before hiding behind his foster father. 

"Well if I was that scary I'm sure that the others would have ran too. I never expected the child of Igneel to be a scaredy dragon." Zinnia said turning on her heel away from the dragon and child. Though she had many questions that she wanted answers to now, she would not ruin this day for anyone.

"I'm no scaredy dragon!" Natsu shouted coming out from his hiding spot. 

"Prove it." Zinnia smirked at the young boy. He smirked back and started running at her in a small attack. Zinnia easily dodged the attack turning around as he ran past her, picking him up and holding him upside down.

The boy started the thrash around, but it was getting him nowhere. "Hey! No fair! You're bigger then me!" Natsu pouted crossing is arms over his chest. He had lost this battle, and many more would come soon enough.

As the day came to an end, Zinnia saw off each of the dragons and their children. She would be sure to visit them as soon as she could. Skiadrum was the last to leave with young Rouge. "Was there something wrong today child?" He asked Zinnia making sure that Rouge was okay to fly in a few minutes.

"I don't know yet. I have to find someone to know the answer." Zinnia sighed looking at the setting sun.

"Be careful around him. Come back as soon as you can, I don't want to start a search party to find you." Skiadrum said with his normal frown. 

"I will. I just need a couple of answers. If I don't find him within a week I'll come back. I'll make sure to let Makarov know this also. See you soon." Zinnia told Skiadrum as he took off. She turned on her heel starting back to Magnolia, she would leave in the morning to find Zeref and get answers from him.