Chapter 4: Home, is where the Fairies are

X736

It's been some time since Zinnia had been to the Fairy Tail guild. She had went on a journey needing time away from everyone to think. She now understood that Mavis dying was not her fault. She trained everyday with the dragons advancing her magic. The dragons -mostly Skiadrum knew that teaching Zinnia their magic would help depress what evil magic hid in her. Skiadrum taught Zinnia most of his Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, knowing that it wasn't magic that she could use at all times, it was not the normal magic her body was used too. She would be able to use it when she desperately needed it; to Skiadrum, Zinnia not having to go through the grief that she did once before was enough for him.

"Zinnia my child, don't you think that it's time to go back?" Skiadrum asked as they sat in the forest outside of Magnolia. They had traveled most of the way around Fiore before ending back in Magnolia. 

"Back?" Zinnia asked acting oblivious to what Skiadrum was talking about.

"Child you know that sooner or later you must go back. You're friends at Fairy Tail need you. I'm sure that they are worried about you." 

"I- You could be right. I just don't know if going back would be smart. What if the guild is gone?" Zinnia wanted to go back, but she was scared. 

"You of all people should know that Fairy Tail is stronger then what you are making them in your head to be. Go back Zinnia." Skiadrum stood to his feet before taking flight. "I'll see you soon." He took off to the mountains leaving Zinnia to herself. 

"You should listen to him." Zinnia screamed at the sound of a voice. She turned around finding someone who she was going to be seeing soon enough.

"Precht. What are you doing out here? How did you find me?" Zinnia asked looking at her guild mate.

"Your friends came to me the other day." Precht leaned on a tree smiling at the girl he knew years ago. "Zinnia I know this will be hard for you to hear, but I've left Fairy Tail. I knew that I needed to come and see you before I officially left. I'm leaving Fairy Tail in the hands of Makarov Dreyar, Yury's son." Zinnia stood in shock at Precht words. 

"Why?"

"I'm going on a journey, I know that I will be gone for a very long time. I cannot run a guild like that." Precht turned away from her, a sad smile on his face. "Goodbye Zinnia. Fairy Tail is expecting you." 

"Bye Precht." Zinnia knew that there was nothing she could do to stop him. Precht had a point, Fairy Tail was waiting for her. It was time for her to go home.

Zinnia's trip to the Fairy Tail guild was short. She had no reason to dilly dattel, she couldn't stand around the outside of the guild like she was known for. It was time for her to just walk in. She looked up at the building smiling, just like she remembered. As she was about to walking the doors flew open showing a young man that looked quiet a lot like Yury. 

"I can't believe that Percht left me in charge. Of all people." Makarov as Zinnia remembers Percht calling him grumbled.

"You should feel honored. The two masters before you were good people, and being Yury's son, I'm sure that you are too." Zinnia said as Makarov almost walked into her.

"Really? Who says that?" He asked looking up. "Hey, I know you... Dad talked about you, just about everyone did. Something about dragons and Zeref." 

"My name is Zinnia. I've been a member of this guild for many years, I have been alive longer then you can count. Many people call me the Dragon Savior, the dragons are my family, so is everyone in this guild, no matter who they are. Many people might also call me the sister of Zeref, not a title that I like, but I haven't spoken to my brother in many years, I don't intend to either." Zinnia told the shortish man. "Now that you know about me, tell me about yourself."

"I'm Makarov Dreyar, third Master of the Fairy Tail guild. There isn't much to tell." 

"Sure there is." Zinnia grinned. "Everyone has a story, most just haven't been very adventurous yet."

"I don't think that anyone's story could be as adventurous as yours." Makarov laughed.

"Believe me when I tell you, there is many people that have better stories that I do. For now, I want to know yours. If you're my Guild Master, I better get to know you."

"Okay, but I want to ask you something, where is your home?" Zinnia was confused with Makarov's random question, there was more than one answer to that question. Home was with Zeref in ways, he was all that she knew for many years, home is also with the dragons, but then there is the guild. She had to make a very important decision.

"Home, is in many places. But my true home, is where the fairies are. Fairy Tail is my home, even if I have family that isn't part of the guild, Fairy Tail is my home." Mavis would always find home in the Dragons, when Mavis was alive, she and everyone else thought of the dragons as part of the guild, even made then a large banner with the guild mark on it for them. So truly they were still in what she called home. Even for not being around for a long time, Fairy Tail is Zinnia's home and she wouldn't trade that for the world.