Chapter Eleven - You're Really Living Up To Your Name, You Know

Start from the beginning

"I don't regret my choices. I've kept my eye on Stefan over the years. I promised to come back for him. I promised we would be together again. And then, when I finally found the opportunity to get back with my true love, he's hooking up with my doppelganger. It's disgusting, disturbing, not to mention hurtful." I watched as a tear rolled down Katherine's cheek. Oh, my gosh. She's actually crying! She just seems so tough and bulletproof. I guess you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

"So, you wanted Stefan, but took Damon because he was willing. It's nothing less than I would do," I decided. "But, why did you leave? Why didn't you take Stefan with you?"

"Because I didn't have time to wait for him to complete the transition. I had to leave, before anyone discovered that I was still alive," she sobbed quietly. "I wanted to take him with me. I truly did. And, although they all think that I only came back to bargain with Klaus, I did come back for Stefan. But, my bitchy attitude has led to this. I can't undo my decisions. What's happened has happened, and, although I wish I was with Stefan again. I don't regret what I've done."

We both sat in silence; me biting my nails, while Katherine fiddled with a loose bit of cotton on her jeans. She was the one who broke the silence.

"So, now that I've told you my story, why don't you tell me what the Salvatore brothers are up to now, huh?" The spiteful tone in her voice had returned. My body stiffened as I tried to move, but it was too late. She had jumped on me, grabbing my neck and pinning me to the wall.

"I knew Little Miss Nice wouldn't last long," a sarcastic yet bitter voice snarled from the other side of the room. I peered over Katherine's shoulder, hoping to see who I desperately wanted it to be.

Sure enough, Damon was slouched against the door frame - the metal door lying dented on the concrete floor. Behind him was Stefan, who was aiming what looked like a confetti cannon at Katherine's back. In the canon were sharpened, wooden stakes. Katherine turned her head, smirking.

"You found me," she laughed. "I knew you would. What gave me away, huh?"

It was Stefan who replied. "Can't you think of another hiding place, Katherine?"

"I can't really be bothered," she said, clearly annoyed.

"Well then, I can't really be bothered to let you live any longer," Damon growled, snatching the canon from Stefan and firing it. I took this chance to escape, running from Katherine's grip as the stake sunk into the lower area of her back.

She let out a high-pitched scream, trying to reach behind her to remove the stake. But, just before she could, Damon rushed over to her, a syringe in his hand. He forced it into her arm. She began to choke. Stefan was the other side of her, stabbing another syringe into her hip.

"What are you doing?" I choked.

"Kidnapping her," Damon shrugged. "I knew the bitch wouldn't be gone long."

"Guys, I'm confused," I said. They looked at me like I was an idiot.

"We'll explain once we get you back home," Stefan nodded.

They tied up Katherine with the vervain-coated ropes that she'd used on me earlier, and stuffed her in the trunk of Stefan's tiny car. While both brothers hopped in the front seats, I climbed into the back.

It was a long drive back to the Salvatore house, but when we eventually reached the large building, Damon carried Katherine's unconscious form down to the cellar, threw her into a small room and closed the large door behind him.

*****

"Have a drink," Damon offered, handing me a glass of whiskey.

"Another?" I groaned. "I haven't stopped drinking alcohol in the past week."

"Helps the cravings," he smiled.

"Cravings?" I asked. "I haven't had any cravings."

"You haven't craved human blood?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No. The blood bags have been doing me fine. But, then again, Katherine and I did share a human before you arrived."

"Katherine shared her food with you?" he chuckled. "Right."

"He was a well muscled man," I defended. "There was a lot of blood in him."

"Was he as muscled as me?" Damon teased, holding up his arms.

"Do you even have any muscles?" a light voice drawled from behind me. I flinched. It couldn't be. She was trapped in the cellar. I turned my head and was glad to see Elena stood by the study door. At least, I think it's Elena. Her and Katherine look so much alike.

"Hello, Elena," Damon huffed. "And why are we being graced with your ever so charming prescence?"

"Don't start with me, Damon," she warned.

"Who said I was starting?"

"Don't bother with your sarcasm, either. It's getting pretty tired."

"Why are you here, anyway? Stefan said he was keeping you away from the house while Lizzie adapted to her new life with moi."

"I'm here because my boyfriend called me over, actually."

"How sweet. Young love. You must be so proud of yourself. Your annoying little arse has managed to stay in a relationship this long. Congratulations."

Elena stormed off out of the room while Damon sat doubled over with laughter.

"Why is she always so pissed off with you?" I asked.

"Because I forced her to admit that she loves me," he sighed.

"She loves you?"

"Very much so. Only, she will not break up with Stefan. She claims to love him too. And, I know that she does, but she loves me too. And, if you've fallen in love with two people, you should choose the second, because you wouldn't have fallen in love with them if you really did loved the other."

Damon leaned in towards me, his hot breath making it's way through my lips. "Why now?" I whispered.

Just as I thought he was going to reply, he kissed me. But, this time, it wasn't passionate. It was desperate. It was as if talking about Elena had made him jealous. And I wasn't going to stand for that. Why should he make love with me just because he was mourning over Elena - though "mourning" wasn't really the right word, it was the best word to fit the situation.

I pushed his forehead back, breaking off the kiss.

"No," I said simply, sprinting out from underneath him and heading out of the door.