33.

"How's this one?" I ask, walking out of the dressing room for the fiftieth time. This time, I am sporting a short white dress. The torso is sequined and hugs me, showing my form.

I pat the skirt down and look up to see Jake frowning. "I don't want to father you... but that dress is too short."

"Jake, this is hard!" I cry out, throwing myself on the chair next to him. He seems startled for a second.

"Go try on the black one." He taps me with his ringing phone. I groan but comply.

I close the stall door behind me and grab the floor length black dress. There are silver and gold sequins from the sweatheart neckline that fade out over halfway down the skirt. I hold it against my chest and admire how the dark color looks against my pale skin.

I quickly remove the white dress and pull the black one on. I zip it up about halfway before I realize that I will need help with it.

"Jake, I need help zipping the dress up." I hold the dress as I open the door.

I pad out of the room and see Jake pacing back and forth in front of the mirror.

"Jake?" I call his name softly. His entire body is tense and his arm movements are jerky as if he is angry.

His head snaps towards me. The phone drops from his grasp as his eyes widen. A small gasp escapes him.

"My Goddess, Luna. You look stunning in that." He rushes out.

"Can you zip it the rest of the way?" I turn around and hear his feet approach me. His warm hand brushes my back as he zips the zipper.

"There you go." He takes a few steps back. I spin and feel the black fabric swirl around me, the silver and gold sequins catching the night.

I look at myself in the mirror and barely recognize myself. I look... happy not depressed. The sweatheart neckline makes my natural assets show more than my normal clothes and my uniform.

"I need to tie my hair back in an elegant bun. Do you have a suit ready for tomorrow?" I ask, turning back towards Jake. He is on his phone again.

I sigh. He is always busy. Same with Tyler. Apparently he was released last night when I was working on all the papers in his office.

Four years in debt. Millions of dollars in debt. I pulled it from my own account and fixed the problem while making sure that the pack can now support four times as many people off of the income it has. My paychecks have created a pile in the office and I cashed two thirds of them in, putting them in the pack account. I talked to the accountant and we agreed that I know what I'm doing and that he is there for second checking all my work.

Last night I fell asleep in the office and Jake woke me up, throwing clothes on me. He then left the room and I changed into the clothes. We've been shopping for the past couple hours now and he said that 'you have to get a dress that suits the theme of the ball'.

I rolled my eyes but allowed him to drag me along. And that is how we are now. Me in the black dress, Jake pacing, and one of the Warriors sitting in a chair by the stall.

"Pat!" I shout quietly. His gaze snaps to me. "Can you unzip the dress?"

He nods and stands up. "How much, my queen?"

"Just enough that I can reach." I feel the zipper be tugged down a little more than halfway before he steps away. "Thank you."

"Your welcome, my queen." He takes his spot back at the chair and I go in the stall. I close the door and throw my clothes back on. A pair of thick jeans, one of my long sleeved shirts and a snow jacket. I pull my boots on and carefully set the dress back on the hanger. I grab my backpack off of the floor before Pat grabs it from me and helps carry the dress the the counter.