29.

Henry and Max are staring at me in shock while I accidently drop the glass of water by their sudden change of attitude.

I drop my head to the table, feeling the water on my face. "I give up."

"Who are you?" Max asks, looking at the picture of me and Tyler on Henry's wet phone before looking back at me and repeating the process.

"Summer Woods. Protector, Agent, and a mate." I give out my title, lifting my head and wiping the water off of my face. "I have a twin, Nathan Woods, and I'm the Luna of the Wolfe pack."

They stare at the phone then look back at me. Shock is still on their faces.

"Wish we could've met when I was dressed better but this will do. Can I barrow a phone now? I want to get away from the damn military and back in clean clothes."

Max hands me his phone and I am out of the booth, pacing back and forth as I type in Viktor's number.

It rings twice before the line goes dead.

"Hello?" I ask, thinking he is just playing a game with me.

"Woods?" Viktor asks. "How did you know that it was a trick? Screw that, HOW ARE YOU ALIVE!?"

"I'm your friend, and I managed to cheat death again."

"Where are you and who's phone is this?"

"I'm on a military base, hiding from a few officers. I need you here ASAP. I need to get home."

Max and Henry stand and watch me pace back and forth.

"You're alive?" He seems to talk to himself. "She's alive. Oh, god. Oh, hell. What do I tell Jake and Jack? What do I tell Tyler?"

My legs crumble form underneath me at the mention of Tyler's name. Four hands grab my arms as Viktor shouts in the phone.

"Summer!? Summer!?"

"Does he think I'm dead?" I whisper out.

"What? Can someone please get the phone for her?" Viktor orders.

Hands pull away as I stare at the floor, a deep pain in my chest at the thought of Tyler thinking I'm dead.

"Summer, little agent, what did you say?"

"Does he think I'm dead?" I whisper out again, my fingers curling into my palm.

The line of the phone is silent as if he doesn't want to speak. "Summer-"

"Does...does...he feel me?" I whisper, closing my eyes tightly and resting my head on the cool tile.

"Woods, he still has wolfsbane in his system," Viktor clears his throat as if the next words out of his mouth are choking him. "He tried to grab you as you fell. He watched you fall. He saw you give up."

"My queen-"

My gaze snaps up making Max freeze from coming closer to me. "Stay away from me."

I meant to speak it softly, not snarl it out.

"Woods! Rein yourself in!" Viktor snaps.

"Sir, it's her wolf that is taking control. She needs someone from her pack here. Her wolf needs the comfort of her own pack for support," Henry explains. "Get someone she knows on the phone."

"I cannot do that. I am currently not at the pack."

"Viktor, pick me up." I growl. "I need to get home, now."

I quickly stand up, anger and terror coursing through me.

"My queen, what's the matter?" Henry asks.