17.

"Let me help!" I beg.

"Summer, you don't understa-" Tyler is cut off by a knock on the door. "Come in."

Jack walks into the room with a notebook in his hand. His black hair is covered with snow and his face is pink.

"What is it, Jack?" Tyler asks.

Jack quickly looks up at me and offers the notebook to me. Tyler quickly looks at me as if to monitor my reaction.

"Who is this from?" I ask, my hands still holding the paper I took from Tyler.

Jack shrugs. "I don't know but it isn't dangerous. I found this on your porch when I went to go find you."

I nod and grab the notebook. I flick through the pages before I see a picture. I stop and open to that page to see a picture of a wolf.

I look over the page and see neat handwritting.

Feminine handwriting.

I read quietly. "Find the Shadowmaster. He will be able to protect you against those you don't know. He knows the Shadows better than humans know science."

"There is no Shadowmasters in existence. All of them were killed off because of their powers and their tendency to be murderous if not trained." Tyler comments, looking over my shoulder.

"You killed off your own species!?"

"Summer, your job before you met me was to kill anything. You hunted everything you can think of. Vampires? Killed most of the royal family. Wolves? Murdered someone who was plotting to kill me. Humans? Hell, you killed one when we went on a mission together."

I look at him from over my shoulder. "Then why do you want me around then? What if I snap?"

Now that explains why my shadows called me all those things. It's because it's true.

I breathe out harshly as I actually understand why my shadows called me all those things.

Jack and Tyler watch me closely and reach forward as if they know what I will do next.

"Murderer, fugative, criminal, killer." I speak softly. "That's what my shadows called me. Is that what I am? What I was?"

Tyler and Jack look at each other for a second before they both look back at me.

"Summer, that is what you are. You are also a queen, a mate, a friend, a caring person. Your good deeds equal out with your bad deeds." Tyler speaks just as softly as I did.

"Don't lie to her!" Jack hisses at Tyler, a look of anger on his face.

"Watch it, omega." Tyler growls out, his entire presence turning dominantand dangerous. "I am still your alpha and if I want to tell my luna what I think she has done then I am going to damn well say it."

"She-" Jack points directly at me. "-is my alpha not you. The only reason I'm in this pack us because of my alpha and how she rules."

"And right now, she doesn't know who the hell she previously was! Don't tell me shit about being here because of her. She barely remembers you!"

At that sentence, it's like a rubber band snapped.

Jack and I playing on a swingset. We would be 6.

Jack and I learning how to shoot a gun correctly. We would be 7.

Jack and I going on missions and trips together, us ruling the school, him showing me his drawings and me cooking for him, us fighting, him holding me while I cry and me holding him while he cries, us being tied together, him helping me with my broken arm and bullet wounds.