"I don't know. I think I just wanna find someone we don't know." he said, sighing.

"Well, it said on the pamphlet he gave us" (I had taken one quickly on the way out) "that they can be expensive." Laxus frowned and we continued toward the guild without saying anything.

***

Laxus' POV

Mira screamed when she finally tortured out of us the reason we were gone.

"You guys I'm so proud!" she smiled and hugged us.

We exchanged looks while she was hugging us and Freed smiled. "Thanks," he muttered.

"So, did you find a surrogate yet?" she asked us, calming a bit.

Freed shook his head and said "Mira we came back literally ten minutes ago. How would we have found one already?"

I looked him in the eye and he shrugged back at me, meaning 'don't pay attention to crazy Mira.'

Mira suddenly blushed and turned away, picking up drinks from the counter and resuming her bar tending job.

I exchanged looks with Freed again and I ran after Mira, Freed following. "Mira, is something wrong?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. Mira turned around to face us.

"It's nothing.." Her look seemed to say otherwise.

"What is it, Mira?" I asked, concerned for her.

"I just think that you should pick one of your friends. It would be nice for us to be a part of this process, for both you guys and her."

"You mean you, don't you?" I tried to glare at her, but she had a point. I thought she would really be a good mother and I knew she had a little crush on me this whole time, even though she was happy for me and Freed.

She just looked back, embarrassed, her cheeks bright red. She muttered, looking away, "It's just my opinion."

Freed looked back and forth between the two of us. "I don't think its a bad idea. It would be nice to know the mother."

"Well, we'll think about it." We walked away, and I tried not to look at Freed. This was really coming all too fast, and I was afraid we weren't ready. I knew Mira definitely wasn't.

***

Freed's POV

I sat up in bed, rubbing my tired eyes, and looked over at Laxus. His snoring was as loud as a thunderstorm, but that wasn't the reason I couldn't sleep. I had been up all night (I looked at the clock, which read 4:38 in bold, purple digital letters) thinking about whether Mira had offered just to be nice, or if she was telling the truth. I sighed thinking, that's not the type of thing someone would lie about just to be nice. Then again Mira is one of the nicest people on the planet. I closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep. The next thing I knew it my eyes shot open as I remembered a dream.

A baby crying, Mira laughing, I could feel Laxus' arms around me and the baby, and my heart was filled with endless joy. Mira said goodbye and I heard a door closing loudly. Laxus kissed my forehead and I began reading the baby spells out of a book...

Then my eyes opened and all the happy memories of our possible future disappeared, from my head into the open air. I sighed, trying to grasp something from the sweet dream, but it slipped away. I heard Laxus rummaging and the kitchen and got up, walking over to the kitchen and stepped through the door.

"Laxus, what the heck are you doing? I told you you can't cook." I put my arms around his waist and saw he was trying to make pancakes, but what it really looked like was a pile of flour. I laughed a bit and helped him stir. We stayed like that for a while until Laxus finally broke the silence.

"Freed..." he said, swallowing. "I think we should do it." I turned my head on his shoulder to face him instead of the pancake batter.

"What?" I asked, though it was obvious.

"We should have a baby. With Mira. I mean she's a great person and she seems genuinely excited about doing it for us. She's seemed lonely ever since you and I got married. No matter how happy she seems she's still gonna be jealous. I mean she had a huge crush on me when we were kids, I just couldn't bring myself to tell her... I mean I didn't even really know myself."

I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows. I never knew or really thought about what had happened with them, with Laxus, as kids. I didn't know what he went through. I guess I always knew the truth about myself, I just never really thought otherwise.

I looked down at the floor.

"But, when you came to the guild... well, I knew then." He finally looked at me instead of staring at the wall. "You know, I always seem like I'm strong all the time, that I never have any feelings. But Freed, you bring out the real me, that I hide." A tear fell from his eye, but he smiled. "And because of that, I couldn't tell you either. I couldn't stand you always in agony, thinking I never had feelings for you. But I had to play the part of the strong dragon, so I hid my feelings. I'm glad I told you Freed. I'll never hide anything from you again."

Suddenly I felt tears falling down my cheeks and I knew what I wanted. "Laxus... let's do it. Let's have a baby." I hugged him tighter and kissed his neck.

***

"Mira..." I scratched my neck. "You know, about what you said earlier. Are you sure?"

She put her face in her hands. Laxus put a hand on her shoulder. "Mira? You okay?"

She put a hand on his, and laughed. "Of course I'm sure," she brought her head back up. "I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't sure."

I exchanged looks with Laxus, not believing her. "But... I mean you're a model. Aren't you worried..."

"There's something called exercise," she playfully punched my knee. "You know I'm a grown women. I can take care of myself. I know all the risks, everything. You don't need to tell me anything, I'm ready. I want to do it. For you guys."

I smiled, only a bit assured. "Mira, if you're sure..."

She stood up. She grinned, tears running down her face. She looked at Laxus, then quickly moved her gaze to the ground. "You guys are my family. I would do anything for you." She stepped forward, hugging me. Surprised, I hugged back, then felt Laxus join in the hug. We stood there for a while. I felt us all crying out of joy. We were ready.

A/N Oh my god! This chapter was so long. I loved writing it and tbh I almost cried, and I'm probably going to start crying during this author's note. I love everyone who read this *almost* as much as I love Fraxus.

Um, so sorry for my extreme lack of knowledge about surrogacy, I actually looked some things up but I didn't want anyone who looked at my computer's history to be suspicious of why I was looking up surrogacy and pregnancy so much.

By the way, the 'procedure' is not real, it's something magical that has something to do with DNA, but I'm not really sure what it is (even though I made it up, lol). All I know is that it lets their baby look like both of them!

Also Laxus is REALLY hard to write and even though Freed is my favorite character I'm afraid I might be portraying them both wrong :/

Thank you, bye. I need sleep! Finals are starting in about two days! Ahh I'm so nervous!! I did study right before finishing this chapter though, and I finished my HUGE pile of flashcards for history (I have almost LITERALLY 200 flashcards). Ahhhhhhhhhhh