Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

After taking a long hot shower I dry off and look at myself in the mirror. My hair is drying wavy, so it looks like crap. My eyeliner and mascara ran down my face so I  wipe it all off. Even as bad as I look right now, I can't say that I look ugly. I sigh. Why can't I look ugly? Maybe if I was ugly Ryan never would have messed with me.

“Elizabeth?” Jaylen's voice sounds from behind the door. I clear my throat and turn towards the door.

“Yeah?” I call back through the door.

“Are you alright? You've been in there a long time.” He sounds worried. I realize that I'm still in a towel. Crap! I don't have a change of clothes!

“Uh, Jay, I don't have any clothes.” I bite my lip, hoping he doesn't do something perverted.

Five minutes later there's still no reply.

“Jay?” I question. There is no way I'm opening this door. I press my ear against the door, hoping to hear something. Then, all of the sudden Jaylen's voice comes out of nowhere.

“I got you some clothes. Cover yourself so I can give them to you.” Jaylen says. I jump away from the door and try to calm my heavily beating heart. Jesus! He scared the crap out of me! I wrap the towel tighter around my body and unlock the door.

“Okay. I'm covered, now go away.” I tell him through the door. I hear him chuckle.

“Alright.” I listen until his footsteps fade and I slowly open the door. I look down and see a pile of clothes. I reach down, still holding on to my towel, and grab the clothes. Then, I hear someone whistle.

I snap my head up and abruptly stand, holding the clothes tightly to my chest. That's when I see Darren. The memories of learning what happened to his sister flood into my memory. My face softens, and then I remember I'm standing here in a towel.

“I—uh—.” I begin, but I'm cut off.

In one swift movement Darren is standing in front of me. His hands grip my waist and he pushes me into the bathroom. Once we're in, he pushes me against the sink and kicks the door closed.

I open my mouth to protest, but there's no time to talk. Darren's lips crash down on mine and the grip on my hips tightens.

The parts were Darren's hands touch my hips burn with tingles. He looks deeply into my eyes, something akin to lust burning in his gaze.

I swallow hard as I feel my body respond to his hungry gaze.

 “Darren!” I blurt out, my voice comes out trembling.

“I must be crazy.” He whispers huskily, a second before his lips come crashing down on mine.

It was an explosion of passion. I clutch my towel tightly, lifting up on my toes to press my lips hard against his, letting him slide his hot wet tongue in between my slightly parted lips, a tiny moan rumbling in my chest. He slides his hands down and cups my backside, lifting me up and pressing me hard against him, a soft passionate growl leaving his lips.

I'm desperate to have him closer but I know if I move my hands, my towel will fall. I part my thighs and push my hips hard against him, silently begging for him to pull me tighter against him.

As if he could read my mind, he tightens his grip, pulling me so close; my palms crush against my chest.

He grunts and drags my palms away from my chest, wrapping them around his neck. I gasp softly as my towel drops to the floor. He touches me then and a hoarse groan leaves his lips when he realizes I'm naked.

My skin trembles under his touch and I arch helplessly against him, wanting more. He strokes my skin, his touch burning me, branding me.

His hands move down, along the curve of my hips, my thighs, up over the swells of my backside and then to my front to my stomach—his fingers gently stroking. I’m panting against his lips, trembling, holding him tightly against me, the need and pleasure rushing through me so intense I'm shaking from the force of it.

“Touch me.” He begs huskily against my lips and I obey, shoving my hands under his shirt, both of us moaning as I trace the hot muscles of his abdomen. He pants and groans and is fumbling with his pants when there’s a knock.

A soft growl escapes through Darren’s parted lips and he glares at the door. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself before answering. I re-wrap the towel around my body and Darren looks away respectfully.

Another deep breath.

“Yeah?” My voice comes out shaky and I mentally curse myself.

“Um, you need to come downstairs.” Jay’s voice is almost the same as mine.

“Can it wait?” I question, sneaking a look at Darren who nods anxiously and takes a step towards me.

“No, not really, Beth, it’s your mom.”