Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Beth’s P.O.V.

So I'm out of the hospital and back at school. I still can't believe I almost died on my first day of school! I'm going to put it all past me and try to have a great year with Ryan. When I first got back, Jaylen literally got down on his knees and begged me to forgive him, which I did. I have no worries now.

I'm currently sitting in Ryan's lap under our tree; I say 'our' tree because everyone knows that this is our spot. I’m smiling at something he said, when he suddenly starts glaring across the lot.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I ask concerned. He looks back at me and smiles.

"Nothing, everything's fine." He says, but I'm not falling for it. I go to move off his lap, but he puts his hands on my waist and holds me down. "Don't go!" He pleads.

"Then tell me what was bothering you." I say looking into his eyes.

"There was a guy staring at you like he was ready to rip your clothes off. I didn't like the way he was looking at you, and I've never seen him before. I think he's that new guy that got shipped here because his mom couldn't handle him anymore." Awe, he's being protective of me. I smile. "What are you smiling at?" He says, a smile coming across his face.

"Oh nothing." I say and jump up and start running. I hear Ryan get up and soon after I hear his footsteps getting closer. I giggle loudly and try and run faster but Ryan catches me and scoops me up in his arms. "No fair!" I yell, playfully slapping his chest. "You’re faster than me!" He puts me down and looks into my eyes.

"Don't try to out run the running back on the football team." He whispers seductively into my ear. I nod and bring my lips to where there's barely any space between our lips. Right as he leans in to break the distance I turn around and run as fast as I can. "Oh Elizabeth, you’re going to wish you hadn't done that!" He yells from behind me. Ryan is the only person I allow to call me Elizabeth.

I turn around to see how close he is. He's about 10 feet behind me! Dang he can run fast! I'm not even paying attention to where I'm going and I run straight into a guy. I hit his rock hard chest and fall to the ground, successfully hitting my head against the asphalt, causing an immediate headache. My stomach sears in pain where the scar from the car wreck is still healing. I clutch my stomach and  close my eyes.

"Beth!" Ryan screams. I open my eyes and Ryan is staring at me with wide eyes, and so is about half of the school. I immediately blush from all the attention.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I say and start to get up but my stomach flares in pain again and I fall back to the ground, grabbing my stomach.

"Elizabeth, stay here. I'm going to go get the nurse." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Where the hell else am I going to go!" I yell. I'm not trying to be mean but head is spinning and my stomach is burning.

"Right. Okay, uh, yeah. Be right back." He says and runs to the school. I look up at all the people around me.

"What the hell did I run into? I brick wall?!" Someone in the back of the crowd snickers and then says ouch. I’m guessing he got hit.

"Actually you ran into me." A deep voice says. The crowd erupts into whispers and parts, letting the guy through. Black hair, black eyes, fit body. Hm. . . . Holy shit! Is he a vampire? Wait, Beth, he's not a vampire. God I'm going crazy, where the hell is Ryan?

Someone whispers the name Jake and everyone falls quiet.

"Well start eating some junk food; I think your body's hard enough." I say in deep breaths. The crowd erupts into giggles and I smile inwardly.