Past IV: The Mind and The Heart

Quick question about the Akatsuki, do you want them to be friends or foe of Naruto? I'm asking this for both past and present. I'm asking because I ain't sure what to do with them.... :s

Anyways back to story!
_____________________________________________________

The mind, one of the things that we use or ignore. It's our friend and foe, depending on how we use it... The heart isn't much different as the mind, this is something that always got me wondering which is the one that I listen the most. I knew that without Kurama I would be lost in trying to decipher what to do, it's because of him that I'm alive.

After so many encounters, it got me to wonder what is it really that I'm supposed to do. My first fight with Haku, he meant meant to protect with the heart, but then again, the heart as many emotions and shinobis aren't supposed to show emotions. I know what I said about my ninja way, but I'm starting to doubt it.

We protect our friends and family with our hearts, but is it wise? My encounter with the Akatsuki, I can't fight with my emotions getting in the way, so I use my mind to protect those I care about.

But with my past, is it worth protecting the village that's against me and out to hurt me? I consider many my friends, but at the same time I don't trust them because I can't afford hurting my heart. To protect the heart, we use our mind and become a bit heartless.

I'm sometimes confused with either to protect with the heart or with the mind, sometimes I think that Sai is correct on not showing emotions. Sure, emotions makes us humans, but it's our enemy because it fogs our mind to reason things true. Like the villagers, they're so focused on anger and hatred towards Kurama that they prefer hurting the child that allowed them to live by having him inside of his body.

Their heart fogs their minds, others like Yamato, who uses his mind instead of the heart. He makes us focus on teamwork and how to control our emotions, so I'm asking myself. On what should I do, listen to the heart or the mind?

The Mind:

It helps to focus and think straight, to analyze everything and make less mistakes. Doesn't allow emotions to get in the way because then it clouds the way of thinking, when one focus on the mind, they're most likely to become heartless. It helps with our way of living, fixes the messes that we created and solves our problems, but then we have another thing that won't allow us to use it.

The people around us, those who we call friends, they are always trying to be happy and listen to the heart that when they see one be heartless. They try to change that and make them use their feelings so then the person changes their point of view.

I changed Neji's point of view about fate, but it's because it was annoying and it was wrong, that was when I focused mostly on the heart.

Our minds is the best to use tactical movements and knowledge, but it's the most misunderstood. It rejects emotions, only focuses on the task at hand and always trying to perfect. Like Sai, he's emotionless, but trying to find his emotions... One cannot look for something that's already there since birth, that's his mistake.

The Heart:

Full of emotions, so caring and kind at first, but it gets tainted as we grow up. Our hearts as kids are so pure and innocent, kind and gentle... Until we feel betrayal, pain, suffering, torture, lies, death and so many negative emotions, some prefer to bottle it up, but others will not hide it. Sasuke was like that, until the Uchiha Massacre happen and the betrayal of his own flesh and blood.

Many people believe in the Will of Fire, but it's going to extinguish sooner or later, many people believe that the citizens of Konoha are kind, until they see the truth hidden in the shadows.

When we don't want to accept the facts and reject the mind, our hearts will do anything to keep us safe and not broke. We pretend that everything is fine because the heart says so, until someone or something wakes us up from the world that we lived and face reality.

We wake up to face reality and habe to decide on what to do next... Either go back being in the world that our emotions created or stay in reality, only to feel pain, suffering and a broken heart.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°

Now I wonder on what should I listen? The Akatsuki aren't much different from us shinobis, they fight to capture the tail beasts, but it's to create peace. Sure, the jinchuriki dies after having their tail beast extracted, but it was going to happen sooner or later. Once we grow old, they need to look for new containers, so that means the old ones has to die.

The heart, will only cause more pain and eventually be filled with hatred and anger. The mind, will not focus on the emotions to keep us intact so we can think and see clearly. But then that makes me ask next, why are people blind?

I don't think that I'm going to ever get an answer... Because more questions surface and I don't have an answer for them.

• Should I listen to the heart or the mind?
• Why are people easily blinded?
• Why do we try to fool ourselves?
• Why must we always get hurt by the ones that we trusted most?
• Can't people just realize that they hurt themselves?
• Why people never do research before being something?
• Can't people see and hear things between lies and reality?

And the list carries on, but all I ask is... Why?! Just, why?!
------------------------------

Hehe, sorry about not posting this sooner, but I just wanted to take my time on this one because it's something that I like to speak of the most.

And as you can see, I spoke about Yamato and Sai, so that means it's somewhere arround the age of Shippuden, but I'm gonna say that he's 16... Don't blame me cause I still haven't decided the age in the present time!

Plus, I'm lazy to do my homework, but not the story... Hehe, I enjoy not paying attention to my homework because I don't get paid for it!

I'll cya later when I post the next part, jaa nee!