Chapter 1 - That Moment

The waves were hitting the rocks on shore crearing a peaceful sound which was combined with the birds singing.

Luffy was sitting on the cliff, crying while his face was covered by his straw hat that he got from Shanks.

A few days ago, he got the news that his older brother, Sabo died.

At first he didn't wanted to believe it, hell, he doesn't want to believe it now. But there is no going back now. His brother died and there is nothing to do.

Ace slowly walked towards Luffy. When he was next to Luffy, he took a deep breath and then punched Liffy in the head.

"How long are you gonna keep moping?" Ace asked as he turned his attention to the ocean.

Luffy only clutched his straw hat tighter in response.

Ace sighed and then continued.

"All our treasure from Middle Forest is gone. Maybe it was found by one of the survivors from Bluejam's either the military found it. Either way, it doesn't matter anymore. That money that we gather me and Sabo was for our Pirate Funds but in the end Sabo didn't use it, so I won't bother with it either. There's no point gathering tresure that we can't look after."

Luffy sniffed and started to cry once again, hearing his brother was no longer with them.

"A-ace" Luffy called out for his brother, as Ace turned his full attention to him.

"I want to get stronger, stronger and stronger, stronger, stronger, stronger and stronger, stronger, more stronger than I was! So I will be able to protect anything, and so I won't have to lose anyone I ever care about! So, Ace, please... Don't die." Luffy cried.

"Don't be ridiculous!" Ace said while punching Luffy once again in the head. "You should be more worried about yourself! You're more weaker than I am!"

Luffy stood up next to Ace, still hiding his face with his hat, not wanting to show his brother that he was crying.

"Sabo made that request aswell. So lisen up and remember, Luffy. I promise I will never die!"

Ace stopped for a second looking at the ocean once again.

"Like I'll leave behind a weakling brother like you." Ace took a deep breath and then continued. "I'm not smart enough to know what killed Sabo... But whatever it was, it was opposed to freedom. Sabo died without gaining his freedom, but our bond as brothers is still alive! So Luffy, I'll definitely not die!"

Luffy only nod and tried to calm himself down.

Ace won't die. He promised.

But those times passed.

At that time, Ace was only ten years old, while Luffy was seven.

But now, Ace is twenty years old and part of the most feared crew around the world. The Whitebeard Pirates are known for their strength in battles. Their captain, Whitebeard is the most feared man in the world, him being the only one in the wold who matched the Pirate King's, Gol D Roger's power.

Ace became part of this crew not long ago, but he already accomplished many things as Whitebeard's son.

All the crew members are brothers and share the same father, Whitebeard. All of them weren't accepted by the world so Whitebeard gave them a reason to live.