"I wanted to help you. I'm sorry. I really wasn't thinking this time."

Silence filled the room.

You weren't mad at him, you just wanted an explanation.

"I wonder why they call me a genius alchemist, when I make dumb mistakes like this. Funny, isn't it?"

He looked upset.

You smiled.

"I'm not mad at you. I was just afraid.. that I would die and never be able to help you and Al.. I really thought I would lose and they would kill you. I'm sorry too."

"You're pretty amazing, you know that? You'll be a great State Alchemist. I'm sure of it."

You slightly blushed.

"Thanks. Oh, by the way, what is the title they gave me? I'm dying to know."

He looked at you.

"It suits you, I think. It has a ring to it, I think it'll grow on you. They gave you the title, The Crimson Blood Alchemist."

The Crimson Blood Alchemist...

(NOTE: Sorry in advance if you wanted to pick your alchemy title!! That was the original plan, but I kinda thought that this would match up the story better, since now you're an amazing and skilled alchemist that can control your own blood!!! >u<)

You liked it.

They most likely gave it to you because you can control your blood and use it against enemies. 

You noticed that your arm was bandaged up, and your hand was healed and now a scar. If anyone saw it, they would immediately know what it was. That's how well made out it was.

As you tried to sit up, pain jolted in your arm.

"Ow.." You muttered. You didn't want Ed or Al to hear you.

"(Y/N), we kinda forgot to tell you something..." Al said.

You sat up completely.

"What..?" You started.

Ed playfully smiled.

"Well, you see, you've kinda been out for..."

You waited for him to finish.

"Three days..."

"WHAT?! THREE DAYS?! REALLY?"

You grabbed the coffee cup off the table beside the bed and threw it at him.

"Ow! IT WASN'T MY FAULT! I swear! We didn't know if you needed more rest or not, to fully recover!"

You picked up an alchemy book from the table as well, the thickest one you saw, and threw it at him too. You also threw two books at Al.

"OW! I said it wasn't my fault!!"

You started laughing.

"Just go get me something to eat, will ya? Being out for three days is making me reaaaalllyy hungry." You said sweet and innocently.

"After you threw a cup and a HUGE book at me? Why should I?" He pouted.

"Just do it!" You picked up another book and threatened to throw it.

"Okay, okay! I'm going!"

Interrupting the arguing between the two of you was the sound of Al laughing.

"I just realized something. With another alchemist helping, we'll get our bodies back for sure.. I can't wait to eat all the food that's on the list for me.. be able to sleep... and even feel the pain of (Y/N) hitting me with a book."

You and Ed started laughing at the last part.

"Not for sure, Al... we will."

You smiled.

For the rest of the afternoon, you, Ed and Al hung out. You played some board games, and made little things out of alchemy for fun. Just like when you were kids.

 "BINGO ! I WIN!" Ed yelled at you.

"Not fair, brother! I was close!" Al pouted.

You couldn't help but laugh.

Was this all dream?

Reuniting with Ed and Al? Becoming a State Alchemist? 

You hoped it wasn't a dream. You wanted it to stay like this forever. You never wanted to leave them. They were all you had left.. 

"So, what's for dinner, chef Alphonse?" You joked.

"Actually, tonight I thought we could try something I haven't cooked yet... who's up for spaghetti?"

"Yum! I can hardly wait! Especially since a certain someone forgot to get me food when I asked." You said, looking at Ed.

"Well, maybe if you didn't HIT me..." Ed started.

The two of you bickered back and forth once more. But you weren't angry at each other. Even you knew that. It's how you got along. He was really like your brother.

But did you want that to be it? Just a brother..?

You weren't sure yet. When the time comes... you'll know. For right now, he was just your close best friend. And you were lucky that he was.

That night, you ate the delicious meal that Al cooked for you guys, and crawled into bed. You were just so happy inside, that it was unreal.

As soon as you closed your eyes and almost fell asleep, someone walked in the door.

Eyes still closed, you asked, "Whoever that is, why didn't you knock?"

"Sorry.." It was Ed's voice.

You slightly smiled. You got a weird feeling when you heard his voice.

"Just wanted to know if you were feeling okay. Like, are you in any pain?"

You turned the lamp on beside your bed on the table.

"Ed, you saw me about thirty minutes ago."

He laughed.

"Sorry, I was just worried. I mean, you getting hurt was my fault anyways. I just feel bad about it."

"I'm not angry at you, Ed. Not at all. I'm not in pain, and I'm a fast healer. See? My scar is fully formed." You showed him your hand.

He sat down on the bed.

He wasn't wearing his cloak, just his black tank top and pants. His boots were off, too.

"Don't worry so much. Being here with the both of you has made me so happy. I'll be able to help you guys now. Now get out, so I can rest." You smiled.

Since the lamp was on, you could tell he was blushing. Why was he blushing?

"Oh, I was in space for a moment. Goodnight, blood freak," he said, getting up and walking towards the door.

"Yeah, goodnight metal freak. Sweet nightmares."

"You too."

As he left, he was smiling. Which he hardly ever does when it comes to a conversation between you two.

You didn't know anything else at the moment, but you did know one thing.

You were leaning towards something more than him being your brother.