Alteration Chapter 1

Amelie

Her eyelids felt heavy as she tried to open her eyes. As she blinked a couple of times she realized she wasn't at home. She rubbed her eyelids and realized she was wrapped between two arms, a man's arms.  

Confused she turned around to find Ian. Shirtless.  

Agitated and scared she looked at herself.

OH DEAR GOD

She started babbling sentences like "oh my god" and "why is this happening to me" just bit too loud so Ian woke up. She stood up and faced the other side so he wouldn't see her naked as she put her clothes on.

"Whoa, were you going Ames? Why in such a hurry?" he said slowly in his sleepy voice.  

She looked at him confused and in pain. 

"What changed? you were quite happy last night" he said smirking. 

She pressed her lips together and put on her dress.

"I don't know why I'm here" she struggled to say "but I'm leaving now"

"Oh c'mon" he said as she continued grabbed her things "don't leave me here all alone!" 

She just gave him a look and her eyes revealed how hurt she was before slamming the door of the room and leaving.

She took the subway and walked all the way to her appartment . Once she was inside she laid against the door and broke down crying.

"Amy?" said Erin walking towards her "Oh god Amy what's wrong?"

It hurt too much she couldn't say it out loud. 

"I-I can't it's...it's really bad" she stuttered through the tears

"oh c'mon it can't be that bad, we're best friends" she said taking her hand. "you tell me everything.

She looked up to Erin's eyes and said 

with a high pitched and breaking voice "I slept with Ian"

"What?! Why? What happened? What happened after I left with Tom?" Erin said agitated.

"I don't know, I-I only remember staying in the bar and drinking more after you left and then I don't remember anything else but waking up and... and being with Ian" she said throwing her head back and closing her eyes.

"Oh my god that bastard took you to his place when you were drunk? I'm going to kill him" she said angrily getting up

"Erin this is so bad"

"Okay stop this now. This is not your fault. You stop feeling sorry for yourself right now."

"Erin I screwed up. Badly. What if he thinks I'm a little slut who just wants sex and tells people what happened?"

"Why on earth do you care what Ian thinks about you?" Erin answered while her voice was raising. "you forget about what happened this morning and you continue your normal life, Amelie, I don't want you locked up in your room all day again!"

"But Erin how can I..." 

"This did not happen" she said slowly. 

"Okay" Amelie whispered.  

"You better stay away from him Amy"

As Erin went to shower Amelie quickly got her phone and called Ian.  

"Why do I even still have him as contact?" she thought as she waited for him to answer.

"Hello millie" said Ian and she could almost hear his smirk. Millie was how he called her in high school.

"Meet me at the grill please" she said

"Look who got all bossy" he said. She could hear he was watching TV.

"Please Ian I need to talk to you" she said annoyed at having to beg him.

"Okay princess I'll meet you there, what time you wish?"

Everything he said was annoying her at a ridiculous point.

"What about at 1?"

"Sure why not"

She hunged up and went quickly to change and fix her hair before Erin came out of the shower. 

She left a note on the fridge saying

"Gonna grab a movie. We should have a girls night! -a"

And quickly drove to the grill.

They sat together and he ordered the food.

"I'm not here for bonding time, I just want some answers"

"Shoot" he said with his indelible smile. 

"Were you at the Julie's cabin last night like following me or what the hell happened?"

He sat back and grinned. "you don't remember anything do you?"and he bit his tongue a little at the end.

"Believe me that if my brain was working properly last night none of this would've happened" she snapped

Ian chuckled "Well I must tell you, you were the one begging for some fun yesterday"

"That didn't happen!"

"Last night I was driving home from a party downtown, never went to the cabin , but I saw you out in the street, it was really late so I thought about giving you a ride but even before I pulled my car over you called me and begged me to take you to my apartment"

He took a sip of his coffee and enjoyed the annoyed look she was giving him.

"Then you got in the car and we went to my apartment, do you want to hear all the details?" he said with a smirk at the ending question

"This is not funny Ian! Did you seriously had sex with me even though you knew I was drunk?!" she whispered

"Why do you complain so much? You had an excuse to do what you always wanted"

"You're such a jerk!" she said loudly and noticed some people were staring

Ian laughed a little to himself.

"just because we dated in high school doesn't mean I still like you!" she whispered as she stood up and grabbed her things

"but baby you barely touched your food!" he said mockingly

" I think I touched enough things yesterday" she said and started walking towards the exit

He chuckled and said loudly "see you at school, love!"