I groaned.

" I'm pretty banged up at the moment you know I got shot and I'm alright but thanks for your concern mother". My voice heavy with sarcasm, I'll be sure to have a bullet specially made with Joey Gravano's name on it, but while I'm at it maybe I should take out the entire family... I know I know it sounds ludicrous but it's just a hunch I'm not exactly gonna do it, besides his mother is a pretty badass woman even worse than me I've seen the woman handle a semi-automatic like she's been doing it since she were a baby.

"Mother I have to go-

" I want to see you in a few days -

Beep.

I think she forgot for a minute that I hate everyone.
I tossed the phone on the bed and I limp over to the window, unless Alex attached a GPS to the inside of my ass then there's no freaking way he could find me here. But that doesn't help that I'm looking over my shoulder every five seconds, I need my money back and my security I can't live like this and I won't be couped up in shit house because sh my dick of an ex finally finally realized he wants to kill me, after all that I did for him, after all the money that i stole from him this is how he repays me, well I'm not going to sit around and wait to be murdered maybe it's time to call in a favor from dear old dad....

Annaliese Pov

I was on my way out for work the next day, my eyes were glued to the papers in my hand when I felt my body colliding with a tall built statuette sending me flat on my ass, the papers in my hand went everywhere I got on my knees and tried to collect them as quickly as I could. The brute responsible for the mess kneeled down to meet me making me lock eyes with him, soft green eyes glued to mine making me forget my knees were starting to hurt from being on the cold hard ground so long.

"Forgive me I didn't see you I was busy looking at my phone". Even his voice was hypnotizing, my eyes travelled over hard defined jaw line down to the opening of his white shirt where smooth hairs peaked at me, his grey suit hugged him making muscles bulge out, wow, that was all I could muster up.....

"Sorry I wasn't looking either". Why was I blushing?.

He stood reaching out and taking my hand in his to pull me up with him, it must be hormones taking over, dang it!, I looked down at my watch to see I was already running late.

"You new around here, I don't really socialize with my neighbors but I think I would have remember seeing you around here".

"Yea, I...I moved in about a month ago".

I was suddenly aware that he was still holding my hand and I nervously pried it from his grip.

"I would love to stay and talk with you but I must be on my way......". He trailed off.

"Annaliese".

He gave me a warm smile as he repeated my name. " Pleasure meeting you Annaliese, I'm Garrett, hope to see you around again".

"You to".

When the elevator opened I got in and smiled to myself, at least I finally have Alex out of my mind...

At lunch I decided to take a stroll over to a deli I've had my eye on since moving to Staten island, my uncle's law firm was close by which even made it all the more better except now I'm further away from my parents.

The deli was a bit crowded but I had a craving for some pastrami today so I put up with the long line.

The way people were bustling by I felt like I was caught in the middle of a black Friday sale, but I quickly reminded myself 'lunch rush'.