Chapter 6

I was laying in bed deep in sleep when I felt rough arms on my shoulder shaking me out of my peaceful slumber. "Annaliese." His voice is gruff and distant, the memory of him leaving earlier to go screw the judge leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and I pushed at his chest the hard muscles not budging under my touch. "Get away from me and get out, you're like a nagging fly that won't go away, wait till I get the bug spray."

"Get up I need your help." He sounded anxious.

I open one eye and look at him. "You need to get out of my room."

I feel the duvet being pulled off of me roughly and I sit up and glare at him. "What the fuck is your problem, why do you always walk around thinking you can do whatever the hell you please to anyone asshole!." He doesn't say anything and I look over at him and he's staring at my exposed legs and I snap my fingers at him. " What do you want?." You've seen your fare share of naked legs Alex do not let mine surprise you.

He's wearing the same clothes he left in and his hair looks like someone had a great time running their hands through it, I wrinkle my nose in disgust at him. Gosh why do I even care that he went out! I hate that I'm thinking about him at all!.

"Get dressed and meet me downstairs." He says,I glance at the clock, it's only 3 am, what the hell is wrong with this man.

"No, I will not 'get dressed'." I said mocking him.

"Fine by me freeze your ass off then Ms.attitude." he said as he shrugged.

Attitude?. "Your mother should have named you audacity because you think you have just that!". I'm getting worked up! I can't believe I always let him get me angry and it's ironic because I'm supposed to be an anger Management counselor.

"You know what doll face I'm starting to think you love talking to me but not right now baby I ain't in the mood so get your ass up and meet me outside." He said then turned and left.

I fell back and screamed into my pillow. He is so freaking exasperating!, what the hell is he up to now?, wait what if he killed someone and brought them here! In my freaking apartment! Does he know what that'll do to my carpets?.
I grab a sweatpants and try to tame my wild hair. He's wearing those gloves he called bad ass again standing by the door. "What is it?."

"Come on." He opens the door and I run to keep up with him, it's freezing cold out. "Alex are you going to tell me what the hell we're doing?." He heads in the direction of the steps and tells me to be quiet.
"Hey, how about we play the quiet game ok doll face?." He says and I shoot him a look, is he insinuating that I talk too much?.

He stops at the second apartment and I stand nervous shuffling from feet to feet. "Alex what are you doing?". I whisper to him as he tries to open the apartment door or more like break into it, the second the door opens a loud ringing sound of an alarm goes off, before the sound could sink in my feet started moving on their own, I hear Alex calling out to me but I don't stop until I reach my apartment and lock the door.

A few seconds later I here him pounding my door down.
"Annaliese open the goddamn door!."

" Fuck off Alex."

"I'm asking nicely don't make me break in."

"You have five seconds to get away from my door or I'm calling the cops!."

"Anneliese!".

I hear a rattling sound then I hear the door push open.

"You belong behind bars!." I said looking at the silver mechanism in his hand.

"You need to shut it, the cops will be here any minute now to search the place." He says this like it's my business.

"Good maybe they'll arrest your ass."