Chapter 94: Rilos, You Have to Wake Up

Hey guys! Short chapter today as well but I promise that the next one will be longer and awesome! It felt right to stop where I did which is why it's a bit short. I'll try to write the next one as quickly as I can so you won't have to wait too long. Anyway, have fun reading it! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

I teleported myself in front of the infirmary and knocked. Nerika opened it and smiled.
"Hi, your Majesty. What can I do for you? Please tell me you didn't stumble upon a bad person again."
"No, I've come for your expertise this time. Can I come in?"
"Sure. Do you need privacy?"
"I think that could be a good idea."
She let me in and guided me to one of the rooms. I sat on one of the chairs and she took place in front of me.
"So, what's going on? Werewolves are rarely sick which will make my diagnostic easy to establish if you are indeed sick."
"I'm not completely sure of how to explain it. It's like I become aware of everything around me. The sensation snaps a few seconds later and I'm on the floor. I broke a sink with my bare hands."
Her pulse accelerated, she swallowed hard and placed her hand on my lower abdomen.
"Lyra, I am going to ask you questions and you have to tell me the truth no matter what that truth is. You understand?" I nodded. "What did you smell, see, heard or thought about right before this happened."
"The first time, I was looking at Rilos. The second, I smelled him."
"You and Rilos made love, right? Unprotected?"
"Yes to both. And I'm not pregnant, Nerika. Neither of us can have a baby."
"I'm aware. How many heartbeats were there between the moment you felt static electricity and you snapped?"
"How do you know about that?"
"How many?" she asked more forcefully.
"Three this morning."
"When was the last time you made love?"
"The day we had the paint war."
"It's surprising neither of you went mad for that reason alone. You have to go to the King and make love to him right now."
"What? Why? Nerika, what is going on?"
"You're about to go in heat and believe me, you do not want that."
"Werewolves go in heat?"
"How can you not know that? We force that down your throat from the moment you turn 14."
"I never went to school and I had no interest in doing something sexual with anyone before Rilos."
"Oh stars. Let's do a quick explanation. From the moment you have unprotected sex after you turn 18, you can go in heat. It happens every year but the moment is different for everyone. Age and sex doesn't matter. Only the partner does. Let me give you a hint on what causes it. Lesbians don't go into heat but heterosexual women and at least one half of a gay couples do. The more you know. So, you have a five days warning before actually going in heat. If you have sex a week before or during those five days, you'll avoid it. If you don't... let's just make sure that you do, alright? Now, go back to your room and make love to him because you do not want, and I repeat, you do not want to go in heat."
"I can't do that, Nerika. I'll just go in heat. I've been through worse."
"Lyra, it's not just about you. If you go in heat, you involve every single man in a kilometre radius who's of reproductive age regardless of their sexual orientation. When you go into heat, your body emits a pheromone that attracts them and makes them lose themselves. They will fight to the death to get to you. Of course, your soul-mate is going to win because he's the most powerful wolf around. But he might, and probably will, kill every guy that comes near you. Once they are all dead or, at the very least, incapacitated, he will take you and not like you're used to. It won't be nice, fluffy and loving. It will be filled with rage, dominance and violence. It will break him once he realizes what he has done to you. Is that what you really want, Lyra? Dead people and a damaged soul-mate instead of simply telling him he needs to hold you because you're going in heat?"
"How long do I have?"
"Three days, including today. If you have not done it by the day after tomorrow, I will tell the King everything. I won't put everyone here in danger because you don't want to make love to your own soul-mate."
"I'm not the one who's scared, Nerika. He is. And if he hasn't done anything before tomorrow night, I'll tell him myself." I teleported back on this promise. "Rilos, are you here?" I called when I didn't see him.
"I'm outside, sweetheart." I joined him and sat beside him. "How did it go? Is everything alright? Please tell me it's not something bad."
"I'm fine, Elun. We'll see how it goes but everything will be back to normal in a few days."
"So it could happen again?" I nodded. "Stars, let's hope it doesn't. I really hate seeing you like that. One second, you're fine. The other, you're on the floor and I can't do anything beside hoping that you wake up."
"I'm sorry, Rilos. I'm really, really sorry," I bawled.
"Oh, sweetheart, don't cry. It's not your fault. Nothing is your fault," he shushed, hugging me.
It is my fault. It's going to happen again because I can't tell you how to fix it. I fisted his shirt and nestled my head under his, the bridge of my nose resting against his neck. I resisted to the temptation of tasting his skin. He had to be the one to move first. His nails dug into my back and he kissed the top of my head, staying in this position for a very long time. He tilted my head back and erased my tears with his lips. Mine parted slightly as my mouth went dry. Stars, I wanted him so bad. He stared into my eyes and his pupils widened until no brown was visible anymore. He leaned in, making our foreheads and noses touch, our breathes mingling with each other. The beating of his heart and mine was so loud in my ears.
"Rilos," I murmured. Please, stars, tell me he heard the need in my voice.
I saw the regret flashing on his face as he placed his palm over my mouth.
"This is too much for me right now, Lyra. My control is not strong enough."
"Idiot," I scoffed and bit his hand. I detangled myself from his embrace. I stopped when I reached the door. I gripped its frame and dropped my head. "When are you going to realize that you can't hurt me?" I whispered.