Chapter 1: First Day in this World

Life never goes how you want it to. Factors out of your control can come in and destroy your plans, your dreams. That's how the first eighteen years of my life were ever since day one.
I was born during a snow storm in the middle of December. My mother gave birth in a small hospital of the Northern province with only my father and a doctor in the room. With no real surprise, I was born a healthy lung-screaming baby. As soon as I felt the cold temperature, I changed into my wolf, which was not normal. A werewolf doesn't change until they go through the coming-of-age ceremony at eighteen years old. Furthermore, my wolf was completely white, another abnormality since most werewolves are at least two colours.
The doctor was incredibly nervous, but my parents were very calm about it. One of my ancestor had been a unique coloured wolf and had been able to change from an early age. They named me Lyra, meaning snow in ancient language. Troubles came when I changed back.
First thing they realized was that I was a redhead. Normally, the colour of the wolf and the colour of the hair match, but, for some reason, mine didn't. Then they saw the tattoos. After the coming-of-age ceremony, a tattoo appears on the werewolf chest along with their wolf. The tattoo represents the power they now possess. Most have one small power like telekinesis, teleportation or telepathy, like my parents. Higher rankings have bigger powers. The Alphas of each province are able to control one element, but never more.
I had six tattoos and only one was expected. A crescent moon was directly placed on my heart. It told everyone that somewhere out there was someone made just for me. My soul-mate. My parents, being soul-mate, weren't scared by that one. They were scared by the others. There was an infinity symbol and the four elements. I wasn't an Alpha and neither were my parents. I shouldn't have been able to control elements. I shouldn't have been able to have powers until I turned eighteen. The stress of my abnormality along with the difficulties of the birth made my mother loose too much blood and she didn't survived. The doctor and my father tried to revive her as I wailed in her arms, to no avail. I couldn't save her despite the extend of my powers. I was just a baby, unable to use the powers in my possession.
At that moment, a man came through the door. He said that he was informed of the imminence of my birth and had come to see me. Seeing my mother dead, he offered to take me away from my father and raise me. My father, too distraught by the death of his soul-mate, said only one thing:
"She killed my Zynia. I don't care what happens to her."
The man took me out of my mother's cold arms and I shrieked in distress. His soul was dark, marked by violence, blood and death. I did not like that one bit and started crying again, trying to grab my mother. The man put a necklace around my neck and it felt like I was slowly drowning in a thick substance. It slowly overtook my body and, as I was about to be rendered unconscious, I felt my father die. He had joined my mother, unable to live without her. I was alone in the darkness.
Light broke out and I was lying in a crib. The room was tiny and had no paint on the wall. There was a small rectangular window embedded high in one wall, letting a slit of sunlight inside. The necklace was still around my neck. I grabbed it and tried to pull it off, but wasn't able to. The door creaked and Dark-Soul entered. He laughed coldly at my attempt to break the necklace.
"You can't take it off, Lyra. This necklace blocks your powers and only I can unlock it."
His hand approached me and I changed into my wolf out of fear. I growled as loud as my newborn vocal cords could and snapped my jaw at him. The necklace was heavily hanging around my neck although I wasn't in my human form. It had changed shape and moulded itself to fit me. 
"Look at that. The baby has teeth. I thought that the necklace would also suppress your wolf. It's too late to make adjustments on it now; I killed the one who made it. Also, don't go thinking that people will look for you. They believe your father killed you and the doctor after going insane from the loss of his soul-mate. I wasn't about to leave a witness to what had happen."
He was completely insane. I had to find a way out, fast. He caught me looking at the door and smirked.
"You can't get out. I put barriers all around your room. No one can get in or out unless I allow it. You're never getting out, Lyra. Never."