Chapter 88: Love Is the Most Beautiful Colour

Hey guys! It's been so long! Yeah, I know. It's my own fault, but I'm finally done with college! I'm starting university in January! It's going to be awesome :D I hope you had nice holidays so far and here's the new chapter to add to that. We are slowly going towards the end. Have fun reading it! Don't forget to vote and comment :) Love you all <3

"So you're saying that because Sadist did those things to me, I have to hear his voice every time he feels like talking to me? Is it possible that the nightmares I'm having come from him as well? Oh the stars, he's enjoying this. I can hear him cackling in my head."
"You have to admit that it IS funny, Rishka."
"SHUT UP!" Rilos and I growled at the same time. "You heard him?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.
"Loud and clear. I can't cut the link but the least I can do, beside killing him, which is really tempting at the moment, is teach you how to block him."
"Aren't you afraid that I'll use this against you?" I joked.
He inhaled slowly.
"If you ever feel that it is necessary, you can. I will never force you to obey me and I have a feeling that you wouldn't listen anyway. But if you do it after our link is in place, you will kill us both that's for sure."
"I was kidding. I don't want to shut you out. I like... being tied to you. It's comforting to know that you're with me no matter the distance between us."
"Alright. Sit in front of me." He grabbed my hands. "Now look where your heart is. Do as you usually do when you search for our link. You should eventually see coloured strings coming out of you."
I breathed in and out, calming myself down and emptying my head. A flash of white hit my eyes. I thought I hallucinated until my next heartbeat created a spark of the same colour which travelled in a linear path towards Rilos. As my heart continued to beat, the path became clearer. About 20 cm away from my chest, the path branched out, becoming a pale gold and dividing into hundreds of smaller strings going out in every direction.
"They are beautiful."
"They? As in more than two?"
"One's connected to you and the others scatter everywhere."
"Can you tell me what colour they all are?"
"The one that's divided is pale gold. Our's white. Why? Is it important?"
I raised my gaze when he failed to answer me. One of his hand was over his heart and the other over his mouth. His cheeks were wet from him crying.
"So it really means something. Is it not supposed to be this colour? Is that why you're crying?"
Rilos pulled me by my hands and his mouth met mine in a loving embrace. I stayed still with confusion for a few seconds but quickly went along. Keeshee was as confused as I was and whined to get Rilos' attention. He pulled back, sparkles shining in his eyes.
"White is good then?"
"Yeah. White is good," he whispered with a raspy voice. "White is very, very good."
"What does it mean?"
"I'll just tell you that I see it the same way and it's been like that since I found you. You decide what you do with this information."
Okay. Processing what this meant. He loves me without the shadow of a doubt. He sees it white. I see it white. I love him. He knows that I love him which is why he cried. I never told him directly, did I? Should I tell him? Could I say it? I wanted to but the words didn't want to come out.
"It's alright, sweetheart. You don't have to say anything. I'm happy only with that."
"It's the first time you've called me 'Sweetheart' since before the curse, Elun," I smiled.
"Really? Stars, I wasn't aware of that. I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. I wasn't any better now was I? What colour is Sadist's channel supposed to be?"
"If you hate him as much as I suspect you do: red."
I focused once more. Flashes of red soon led to a path stretching from me to someplace else. Unlike the gold ones, it wasn't attached to Rilos' link.
"Do you see it?" I nodded. "Great. Look at the ends near you. Our's should go inside you. If I'm right, Mikyan's should resemble a kind of..."
"Octopus? Like tiny tentacles waving around?"
"Yes, exactly. What you'll do is create a barrier like you did before but only where his channel is. Make it so no signal can be sent or received. Don't worry, I'll make sure that it works properly. Very nice, Lyra. The quality of your barriers always impress me."
"Thank you. Concealing has always been a necessity so I guess it stems from that. Well, it was a necessity until you found me that is. I find that I am much more expressive around you."
"I've noticed that too and I like it." He kissed me. "I love you. How long do you think we have before dinner?"
"A few hours. Why?"
"You never went to the gardens. There's a ton of flowers there, some the same colour as your eyes. I think you'll really like this place. It's peaceful, there's a gazebo surrounded by a small stream and it's next to the castle so if you want to go there while I'm working, it won't hurt us."
"I'll go with you only if you let me get dressed first. I am not going out of our room in my pyjamas and neither will you. Especially since you aren't wearing a shirt."
"Are you saying that you don't like me not having a shirt on?"
"You know very well how I feel about that and what I think of other people seeing you like this. Get dressed or I'll tell Balio to burn your food."
"You would use my own people against me?" he gasped, putting a shirt on nonetheless.
"If you don't leave me any other option. And they are my people too," I replied while getting dressed.
"I'm glad you finally said it out loud, even if it's not with your voice."
"Yeah, I'm still working on that. I wonder why it doesn't work. I'm not scared of you."
"But you are scared of Cyrian and he's still alive." He took my hand and pulled me outside.
"Not for long," I mumbled. He stopped dead in his track and I slammed against his back.
"What do you mean? Are you saying that you'd be ready to practice seeing them soon?"
"I'll have to do it eventually, no? That channel thing is just one more reason to do it quickly."
"You do know that I can feel your hand trembling in mine, right?"
"I have to start somewhere. Now take me to the gardens before I change my mind, but I seriously doubt I will. This has been dragging on for far too long."
"I don't mind leaving them in that jail for 18 years."
"Tempting, but I want them dead. We can start tonight."
"As you wish, sweetheart. Tonight it is."