Chapter 70: Steam and Fog

Hey guys! We went over 20k views :D That's so awesome! Remember when I was happy to have reached 100 views? I've noticed that I have a few new regular readers, so "hello" to you. Hopefully you'll enjoy the story just as much as the ones who've been following it for a long time. I have enough love for everyone anyway. Have fun reading this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all <3

"Elanazie, please come in," said Rilos loudly.
"Shouldn't I get off of you first?" I asked.
"No. You stay here or I will answer the urge to go in the cells and massacre everybody there."
"That's not a very good argument, Elun. I want them dead just as much as you do."
"How about you stay here because it makes me happy?"
"In that case, I have no objection to give you."
At that moment, the doorknob turned and a woman entered the office. She bowed briefly and smiled.
"Hello your Majesties. I must admit that this is quite an unusual way to receive people."
"Being normal isn't me at all anyway," I replied.
"The King's soul-mate was bound to be someone special. We were expecting it, but we thought you would be a baby. Not that we mind you being an adult of course."
"Don't worry, that's what I believed she would be too. When I found her, I thought, for a split second, that Lyra was pregnant with my soul-mate and that it was why I was drawn to her. It was pretty clear that she wasn't and my wolf recognized her as his the moment she looked him in the eyes."
"You thought I was pregnant?"
"Can you blame me? I've been alive over a thousand years and never came across a situation where the youngest half was older than a few hours. Anyway, we're not here to discuss that. Elanazie, do you remember when your son fell down the stairs?"
"Yes. It took me aback since he's usually very careful and not clumsy at all. He said that I didn't need to take him to the infirmary, that he would go by himself. You know how Omegas are; he didn't want to make me worry."
"He didn't fell down the stairs. He accidentally spilled water on Cerc and he retaliated by beating him up. Cerc was forcing him to lie to you so he wouldn't get caught. That's one of the reason why he's in jail."
Rage filled up the entire room. I whimpered. The rage of an Alpha was one of the scariest thing there was. Especially when their offsprings were involved. I was scared. I knew her anger wasn't directed towards me, but I couldn't help but recoil as far from her as I could. Beside Rilos, the only other Alphas I had seen angry were Dark-Soul and Sadist. A state that usually ended up making them beat me unconscious. This led me to be as close as I was able to be to the one I knew would protect me. Rilos. He wrapped his arms around me and the whole world disappeared. The only sounds I was hearing were the beating of his heart and his voice shushing, trying to calm me down. I was feeling his chest rising and falling against my cheek, his hand gently rubbing my back and his body vibrating under mine, keeping his own anger toward the cause of my discomfort under control.
I didn't want him to rebuff her, or worse, because her son had been attacked so I forced myself to take deep breaths. It didn't take that long. Everything about him was soothing. His voice, his touch, his scent. Stars, I felt like I tasted him under my tongue. The grain of his skin, his pulse racing and the apparent firmness of his shoulder. If I pressed just a little more, his skin would pop under my teeth. I wanted nothing more than this. Taste his blood. Mark him. Show everyone who he belonged to. Mine. I was pulled away from the object of my desire. I snapped my jaw at the offender and clawed the arm that was gripping the back of my neck.
"Lyra, I need you to come to your senses. My self-control is on the verge of breaking and we both know that I won't stop once it happens," rumbled Rilos' voice, which did not help with the situation.
"Why are you stopping me? You want this to happen and so do I," I purred.
"I do, but not while you're not in your right mind and not with someone else in the room."
I blinked, confused by his choice of words, and the fog that was clouding my judgement lifted. I was straddling his lap, my skirt hitched just under my bottom. Rilos' shirt was torn to pieces. His chest was covered with fine scrapes, pearling with blood, and on his shoulder was the faint impression of my teeth. He was breathing heavily, his pupils were dilated and he was biting his lower lip in an attempt to contain himself. His tongue dipped between his lips to moisturize them. I attacked his mouth without thinking twice. I drew his tongue inside my mouth, kissing him until I was yet again pulled back. He placed his hand over my lips and his other one knotted itself in my hair, tilting my head up and away from him.
"Sweetheart, you have to stop. I can't control Elanazie while you do things like that," he panted, hoarsely.
I couldn't care less. I only had one thing in mind and that was him. Everything else was secondary at best. I sucked one of his fingers in, twirling my tongue around it. He tried to remove it, but I clamped down my teeth and growled.
"Please, Lyra. I beg you."
His plea went straight into my heart, making my jaw drop and his digit followed. I could feel him trembling under me. I came to the realization of what I had done. I had pushed him way too far. Why had I acted like that? Water rose into my eyes.
"I'm sorry."
I teleported myself in another office.
"Vriany?" I called softly.
"Lyra? Are you okay? What happened?" the blond giant asked, walking towards me.
"Do you think Rilos hates me?" I sobbed, running into his arms.
"Of course not. Why would you say that?"
"He asked me to stop, but I didn't. I couldn't stop. I don't know why, but I couldn't."
He picked me up and sat down on his chair with me.
"He loves you and there is nothing you could do to change that. Give him time to calm down. He'll come around and tell you why he reacted that way."
"Promise?"
"I've never been wrong."
I rested my head against his shoulder and waited. He stroked my arm slowly. My lids started to feel heavy and I dozed off, tears still running down my cheeks.