Chapter 30: Fight

Hey guys! 1.98k and 180 votes! This is so cool! I'm so glad that you are liking the story! Have fun reading the next chapter :) As always, I love you all and don't forget to vote and comment :)

After dinner, the girls continued talking, but I wasn't listening anymore. I knew I wasn't supposed to be anxious about the duel, but I couldn't help it. My soul-mate was about to fight and I had no idea how strong he and Henina were. He told me that it was going to be fine, but I wouldn't be until he came back in one piece. I spent what seemed to be hours stressing out. At 2:30, Felia informed us that she needed to go. I hopped in her mind and we exited the bedroom, leaving Kylanne to defend me, if need be. I felt a bit guilty to leave her alone like this, but she assured me that it was an honour to protect me. Felia ran though the halls and, luckily, we didn't meet anyone. They were probably all at the arena. We stopped in front of a door where a woman and someone with their face blurred were standing. They looked at Felia and let her in.
"That was weird. Is that what men look like to you?"
"Only when Rilos does it for me," I said, projecting my voice. "If he doesn't, they look normal."
"You're missing out, some of them are mouth watering."
"Don't say that to her. She might decide to leave me."
That was Rilos' voice. I tried to run to him, then I remembered that I wasn't in my body.
"I can hug him for you if you want."
"I don't think that I would be okay with this."
"Neither am I. I was just saying that for you. Don't worry, he's not my type."
"Ouch, there goes my self-esteem."
"So, you need validation from Felia?"
"I was teasing you."
We turned the corner and Rilos entered our field of vision. He was once again shirtless. If I had been in my body, my face would have been on fire.
"I can see that."
"I told you I wouldn't wear a shirt for duels or the Dula."
"I remember, but it doesn't mean that I like it."
I noticed that his tattoo was different. It had changed to an open eye with volutes around it.
"What is that power? Where are your other tattoos?"
"Since I'm only allowed to use one power, the Judge blocked the others. This is the one I chose. I have temporarily given the same one to you, Felia. I don't want to traumatize Lyra more than she already is."
"What do you mean?"
"I'll tell you after the duel."
"Don't worry, Lyra. The King has never lost and the arena is protected with barriers so no one can help or attack the fighters magically or physically."
The door opened behind us and Satie and Talia came in. Two others followed right behind them.
"Your Majesty, I put some of the verified guards in front of your room as a precaution."
"How about you, Vriany? Are the barriers still in place around the arena and the castle."
One of the blurred face nodded.
"Good. Judge, are you ready to begin?"
"Yes, Henina is already in the arena."
"Let's not keep everyone waiting."
We stepped on the balcony, where chairs were installed. The arena was two stories down. The fighting ring, which was more of a rectangle, was about about 25 by 50 meters. Around it were benches that were filled with people. Henina was standing in the fighting area, looking confident. How could she be so confident knowing that Rilos had never lost a fight? The other question was: How would Rilos get into the arena now that he couldn't use teleportation? He answered my question by jumping off the balcony into the fighting ring. Dust flew around him and I would have found it cool if I hadn't been scared of him getting hurt by the fall.
"Welcome everybody. You might have heard rumours of what had happen for us to be in here today. The reason is that Henina decided that lying to my soul-mate to make her leave was a good idea. I thought that I had made myself clear about hurting my soul-mate, but, apparently, I wasn't. I am here to show you that I wasn't kidding. Anything done against my soul-mate is an attack towards me and I won't tolerate it."
"Rilos, Henina. Ready to fight?"
They both nodded.
"Remember, this is not a fight to the death. No decapitation allowed. Let's begin."
They both changed immediately. Henina's brown wolf was smaller than Rilos', but she was fast enough to dodge his first attack. Not enough, though, to avoid the second. He caught her back leg and snapped it. She yelped in pain and dislodged her broken leg from his jaw. Blood was oozing from her wound. She ignored it and launched at Rilos, biting his shoulder. He replied by biting her muzzle. After that, it was a blur of red, brown and black. I don't know how long had past, but Henina ended up covered in blood, with a few broken bones and a ripped ear. She was choking; one of her lung was pierced. She changed back to a human and everyone gasped in shock. Satie covered her mouth with her hand. I looked at Henina and I couldn't see why was everyone so shocked.
"Now I understand why he chose that power." said Talia.
"What's going on?" asked Felia.
"We'll tell you later." interrupted Satie.
Rilos was unfazed by Henina changing and lunged at her. He landed on top of her and opened her ribcage. He ripped out her heart and threw it away. She laid there convulsing. The duel had ended. Rilos had won. Relief washed over me. The barriers went down and Nerika came in the fighting area. Rilos blocked her way and said:
"Don't help her. She has to feel at least a fraction of the pain Lyra and I felt because of what she did. Let her grow her heart back on her own."
Rilos changed and I heard murmurs of appreciation. I wanted to go and hug him, showing those people that he was mine. Jealousy was an emotion that was hard to control. His tattoos were back to normal and his shoulder wound healed in a second. He didn't seem to have other injuries. After what I estimated to be 15 minutes, Henina's heart had grown back. Rilos turned around to face her, disgust in his eye.
"You are hereby banished from this castle. If you come back here or on any of the castle's properties, you will end up in jail for the rest of your life."
She disappeared.
"Does anyone has complaints?"
Silence.
"In this case, I'll go back to my soul-mate."
I exited Felia's mind and went back to my body.