My Day To Remember

A one shot request from Emogirl2153.

Request: A BoyxBoy romance between Jeremy McKinnon and old lead guitarist Tom Denney of A Day To Remember

Picture on the side. Jeremy is the one in the light blue shirt and Tom is the one with the hat.

My Day To Remember

Jeremy’s POV

“Seriously guys, can you stop with the fighting for seconds please? It’s hard enough to think in this freaking room.” A groan escapes my lips as I focus on the video of last night’s performance. For some unknown reason, Kevin managed to break at least two strings on his guitar in the middle of us playing a song, and well, I bet you can guess what happened next. Long story short, we sucked it up last night. The worst part of all of this is the fact that Kevin has done this more than once.

“Just stop watching that pathetic thing called a performance and come play with us.” Kevin yells over at me as he sits on the couch by the rest of the guys and watches Neil and Josh play Dance Revolution. They all suck at dancing so I admit, it’s a funny thing to watch.

I roll my eyes and shoot him a look before standing up and heading to my room in the hotel sweet. I slam the door behind me and settle myself down on the bed with my phone in hand.

Ever since Tom left nothing has been the same around here, at least for me it isn’t the same. He was always the one person that I could joke around with and feel comfortable around.

Grasping my phone, I decide to grow some man balls and send him a text. I need to go see him and get Kevin out of the band before we have another mishap like last night.

‘Can we meet, tonite?’ I press send and fall back onto the pillows, letting the memories overtake me.

It had been a rainy day out and we had just finished a set, it was also the last day that I saw Tom. Our tour hadn’t even started yet and he managed to break his wrist somehow. Instead of playing with us, he sat in the empty seats in the auditorium arena and watched as Kevin took his place. The look on his face the whole while was that of hate and regret.

As we all exited the arena, I couldn’t help but watch as Tom walked ahead of all of us with his shoulders slumped and his clothes soaking wet. The rain pours down as I make my way over to him with my hands in my pockets, ignoring the pelting rain drops hitting my forehead and going into my eyes.

“Hey, slow down.” I grab his shoulder and turn his around. For him having such a tough exterior, he sure didn’t look tough.

“What?” His voice comes out sounding rough.

“What’s up with you? Your always the happy go lucky tough ass of the group and not the crab with a stick up his rear.” A small laugh comes from him before he speaks.

“I know that leaving is the right thing, and the obvious thing to do, but I don’t want to leave you guys, especially you.”

I look at him strange for a second as I try to think about what he just said, when on the inside I was really freaking out. Having a gay crush on a band mate is a no-no in the music business. It just leads to unwanted drama.

“Why me more than them?” It almost come out as a whisper as I stare into his deep brown eyes.

“Because I can’t do this to them.” He whispers and then leans down and plants his lips on mine before I can even process what he said. As I open my eyes to say something after we break apart, I see his retreating form walking away from me in the pouring rain.

As I come back to the present,  my hand numbly moves to my lips and it’s almost as if I can still feel the tingle in my body when he pressed his lips to mine. I haven’t talked to him since that day, what with touring and all, and I really need to. He needs to come back. I can convince him to return. I will convince him to return. I just have to.

A vibrating in my hand pulls my attention to my phone as I read the respond back.

‘Of course. Meet me @ my house in say…in an hr? 8323 Niagara Dr.’ A huge smile crosses my face as I type a quick reply to him before rushing out into the living room, trying to control myself so that I don’t squeal like the little girl that is inside me.

“Dude, where are you going and why the hell do you look like a kid in a candy store?” I hear a voice question as I hurriedly slip my shoes on and grab my keys.

“I’m gonna go see Tom for a bit.” At the mentioning of Tom’s name, all of their mouths drop wide open and they get bug eyes.

“Later.” I give a half wave before I am out the hotel doors and on the road, getting even more impatient to see him as every second counts. I need to tell him how I feel, along with other things, so us meeting is important. It's a good thing that he lives close to where we are playing, which is also our home town of all places.

As I pull into his driveway, I spot his red 66’ Corvette parked and then an empty space next to it. The last I had heard, he had gotten a divorce from his wife and is now living on his own with his kids.

I hesitantly ring the doorbell when I reach the door and stand there with my stomach in my head and my hands in my pockets. I take a deep breath as I hear the door being unlocked and then he stands in front of me looking tired as hell and wore out.

“Hey. It’s so nice to see you.” Before I can speak, he grabs me and pulls me into his arms for a hug. I throw my arms around him and I feel my body begin to freak out on the inside. It’s been almost a year but he still has the same effect on me.

“Come in, take a seat.” He ushers me through the door and over to a dark red leather couch, where I sit my butt down and wait for him to join me. I watch as he sits and lets out a loud sigh. His eyes have bags under them and he looks as if he hasn’t slept in ages.

“How are you?” His voice comes out crackly at first before he fixes it with a cough.

“I’ve been okay. You? You look like hell, no offense.” He waves his hand in a ‘no problem’ way before he speaks.

“To be honest, I haven’t been well. All I can ever think about is what went down before I left. I even told Sherry about it, which is why you can see that she left me. I just lucked out and I get the kids for most of the time. I wouldn’t take back anything that happened though. Ever. It’s changed me in more was than you know. I accept that fact that I’m not normal now.”

“What do you mean you told her? You told me what?” I raise my eyebrow in suspicion as he stares at me as if I should know what he is talking about. I should probably, but I am lost.

“I admitted that I had feelings for someone else and that it wasn’t in a platonic way.”

“Who?”

“You know, I thought you would get out of your dim witted stage but I guess not.” He lets out a laugh before shocking me by taking my face in his hands.

“Again, I ask, who? I am lost as to who the hell you are talking about.”

 He leans close to me as he speaks. “You. I love you Jer.” The feeling in my stomach takes a leap and for once I don’t have a comment back. All I do is smile widely and pull his head down to mine, pressing my lips to his in the process. I feel him smile under my touch before he kisses me back and makes my day that much better. I always knew that Tom had a special place in my heart for some reason. I’d stay here and kiss him all day long if I could. I guess asking him to come back to us can wait.