Chapter Eighteen

*Maya's POV*

"How've you been?" Lucas asked, sitting next to me on my bed.

"I've been... better recently." I said honestly, smiling. "My mom took me to a doctor after we talked and I have medicine now. It's supposed to help keep my emotions and moods balanced." I laughed. "It's also supposed to help my appetite get better and help concentration."

"That's good!" Lucas hugged me and kissed the side of my head. "How long have you been taking the medicine?"

"Two weeks? I'm pretty used to it now."

"That's good, I'm proud of you for telling her."

"Yeah, I feel better for telling her."

"No more negative thoughts?" He asked.

"Fewer and fewer everyday." I grinned. He smiled aswell and hugged me again. "I'm sorry I've been a bit of a hand full since eighth grade."

"None of it was your fault, Maya. There's just some things you can't control. This was out of your control."

He squeezed my shoulders and I leaned into his chest, I'm not sure if he uses lotion or cologne, but he always smells like vanilla, my favorite scent!

"Hey, if you're not against the idea, I'd like to take you out."

"What? When?" I laughed. Definitely wasn't expecting that!

"Now... If you say no it'd kinda ruin it." He chuckled.

"Yeah I'll go, but I gotta change so... get out." I got off the bed and walked to my closet, looking for a different shirt... a nicer shirt.

"Maya, you look fine. Let's go."

"No." I whined. I stopped looking through my closet and turned around glaring at Lucas. "Get out, Lucas." I walked to my dresser and grabbed jeans, which would look nicer than the black leggings I was wearing.

"Nope." He stood up off my bed and bend down infront of me, grabbing me behind my legs and throwing me over his shoulder!

"Lucas what the heck!" He carried me out of my apartment and down to his car, setting me down only when we were outside the passenger side door. "I hate you." I sneered, climbing into the car.

"Yeah, yeah." He put his seat belt on and drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The park." He stated simply.

"Why?" I laughed, turning to face him.

"Freshman year, Christmas Eve." Lucas didn't have to say anymore. I immediately knew what he meant. They day he got me that dress and the shoes, the day we walked to the park and had pizza, when he kissed me at midnight because at midnight it was Christmas. I smiled as he park along side the road. We got out of the car and walked to the park, sitting on the same bench as we did on Christmas Eve.

"What scares you the most?" Lucas asked me. The same thing I asked him two years ago, this time he was smiling... and so was I.

"Umm, I'm not sure... nothing really."

"That's a much better answer than before." I nodded and Lucas leaned into me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"What about you?" I asked. He sat up straight and began to think up an answer.

"What's gonna happen after high school?"

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"College, jobs, moving away... I don't know what's going to happen after we graduate and that's pretty scary."

"Awh, Huckleberry!" I chuckled, pouting out my bottom lip and standing up off the bench. I sat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck giggled. "You have a heart!" Laughing a bit, Lucas wrapped an arm around my waist and set his other hand on my thigh.

"I'm serious, Maya!"

"I know, but don't worry about something that is so far away. Worry about right now and how you could better what's happening now. I don't know of much that could make right now any better." We both smiled, but Lucas' was more of a mischievous smile. "What?" I laughed.

"I know something that could make right now pretty amazing."

"Pizza?" I grinned.

"I mean we could get some after..."

"After what?" I was growing impatient and Lucas laughed at me.

"Maya..."

"Yes?"

"would you-"

"Nope." I said popping the 'P'.

"be my girlfriend?"

"Do I get pizza?" I joked.

"No." He laughed.

"Then no!" I exclaimed, standing up from his lap. Lucas stood up aswell, grabbing my waist and pulling me so close to him that I could feel his heart beating.

"Well I'm glad to see my little brat is back and in business." He smirked.

"And I'm glad I got my Huckleberry back. Officially." I looked down then back up into his eyes. Lucas leaned down and I met him half way, standing on my tip toes, and our lips touched gently. He pulled away, wrapping his arms around me in a hug and I did the same.

"I missed you." He breathed.

"I missed you, too." I smiled into his shirt. "So... about that pizza..."