Chapter Eleven

*Maya's POV*

Curtain call for Romeo and Juliet. Liam and I last because we were the main parts. Backstage, Lucas was very angry and just not himself.

"You did a great job." Liam smiled. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same.

"Thanks! You did great too!" Lucas cleared his throat, obviously irritated, causing Liam and I to pull away from eachother.

"Um, I'll be over there." Liam walked off and I sighed, turning to Lucas. He didn't say a word. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him to the dressing room to change out of my Juliet dress.

"You okay?"

"Hm?" I turned my head to see Liam standing next to me with his bag. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." I smiled.

"Listen... I don't want to make Lucas uncomfortable... I think we should keep our distance for awhile."

"But-"

"I just don't want your relationship to suffer because of me. I don't want to be the reason you two fight." Liam shifted his bag from one shoulder to the other and sighed.

"He does that all on his own." I said softly.

"What?"

"Nothing, Liam. If that's what you want and that's what will make you happy-"

"You think that'd make me happy, Maya?" Liam laughed in disbelief and I looked down at my feet. "You're one of the best friend's I've ever had, I just don't want Lucas to get upset with you because of me!"

"Please don't think you're the problem between Lucas and I. That's between me and him. You have nothing to do with it."

"I beg to differ." Lucas scoffed, walking up behind me. He wrapped his arm around my hip and pulled me into his side.

"I'll see you guys around." Liam waved and turned around.

"Wait!" I shouted. He turned around and his eyes were wide, as were Lucas' and my own. Did I really shout for Liam to stay and not leave?

"Lucas why are you so angry? You said you were working on that." I pulled away from him.

"Well when your girlfriend kisses another guy it's hard not to be angry."

"I didn't kiss him! My character kissed his character! You've been jealous of him since he got to this school and I don't understand, Lucas! You're not the jealous type!"

"You expect me to be okay with you kissing him?" Lucas shouted at me.

"Oh my God, you're so stubborn." I laughed.

"You liked it didn't you?" He took a few steps away from me and I leaned back against the wall behind me and ran my hands through my hair.

"What's wrong with you?" I squinted. Lucas stopped mumbling to himself and looked me dead in the eyes.

"What'd you say?" He stepped towards me til there was no space between us, I could feel his warm breath on me.

"What's wrong with you?" I saw his jaws tighten up and he lifted his arm, running his fingers through his hair.

"Goddammit, Maya!" She shouted, punching his fist into the wall I was against. I gasped, Liam gasped, and once Lucas realized what he had done, gasped aswell. "Maya I-"

"Forget it, Lucas... When you truly learn to control your anger and jealousy around me, let me know. I'm done." I pushed past him and walked over to Liam. "Will you please take me home?" He nodded and I started to leave the auditorium, feeling Liam's hand on my back, guiding me out.