Chapter Six

"Come here." Lucas held his arms out, allowing Maya to walk into his body and wrap her arms around him. Lucas placed a small kiss on the top of her head, resting his chin there after.

"I just thought we could hang out more today." Maya spoke into his shirt.

"I know, and I'm sorry." Lucas sighed and pulled away from Maya a bit. "I better get going."

"Yeah." She looked up, wrapping her arms around Lucas' neck and stepping onto her tiptoes to reach her boyfriends lips. They kissed. A small kiss, but passionate.

Lucas waved as he walked out of her apartment, smiling as he walked down the stairs.

Maya stood still for a few minutes, smiling to herself and looking around her living room. She finally sighed and started to walk to her room. She flicked on the lighs switch and noticed a bag on her bed.

"What?" She said to herself, walking towards the her bed. She pulled a piece of folded paper off the top and read it.

Dear Maya, I remember you saying you wanted a reason to wear a pretty dress. Now you do(: Put this on. I'll pick you up at 7:30

Maya put the piece of paper down, pulling out what was in the bag. A navy blue long sleeve dress and black booties. Immediately, Maya called Riley.

"Hello?"

"Riley guess what?' Maya practically screamed into the phone. She was smiling uncontrollably and was pacing around her room.

"What?" Riley laughed, sensing her best friend's excitement.

"You know those picture you see online of a guy leaving a his girlfriend an outfit to wear to dinnerand a note?"

"Yeah?"

"Lucas did that! He somehow left a bag on my bed and it had a note and a dress and shoes in it!"

"Really? Oh my gosh, that's so cute! What did the note say?"

"It says to put the outfit on and he'd pick me up at seven thirty." Maya held the dress up to herself in the mirror and smiled even bigger.

"Oh my gosh, Maya! You have about an hour to get ready."

"I know but I had to tell you!"

"Go get ready for your date, Peaches."

"Love you, Riles."

Riley hung up, leaving Maya with nothing to do but get ready for Lucas to pick her up in about an hour.

She stripped off her jeans and sweater, pulling the dress onto her body. She looked into the mirror, finally able to see what Lucas had been trying to tell her about her weight. She did look better when she wasn't skin and bones. She has color to her skin, although that color was a pale white, but compared to the weird grayish color her skin had been a few months prior, she looked amazing. She also didn't look so sickly.

She decided to do loose, beachy waves in her hair and put on minimal makeup. When she glanced at her clock, it was seven o'clock. Lucas would be there in thirty minutes. She slipped her shoes on and she fell absolutly in love with them. They were black booties with a small heel, plus they were super comfortable!

Maya stepped infront of her mirror twirling a few times and laughing to herself. She was finally happy. She didn't care what anyone said or thought about her, didn't have bad thoughts or a bad body image anymore. She had surrounded herself with people who care and love her and it helped a lot.

After brushing her teeth and fixing her hair, Maya sat down in her living room, looking out the window. There was snow on the ground, but no snow falling from the sky. She got up to go get a jacket when the doorbell rang. She skipped over, opening the door to a grinning Lucas standing there, jeans and a dress shirt, with roses in his hands.