Chapter Fifteen

"So you and Lucas are dating again?" Liam asked, walking out of school.

"No, not dating. We did make up, but he hasn't asked me out... again... We spent all summer as just friends."

"He'll come around. If he didn't care about you as much as he did, he wouldn't have done so much to get you to talk to him again."

"I guess..."

"We're in eleventh grade now, Maya. Lucas, like you and I, have matured over time. You hanging out with him after school?" Maya nodded and looked towards Lucas' parking spot. He still wasn't at his car so she continued to talk to Liam.

"Have you guys kissed as 'just friends?'" Liam smirked, unlocking his truck. Maya laughed, pushing his shoulder and bit her lip.

"Well, no but-"

"But nothing!" Liam interupted. "Just friends or not, you two still have more chemistry than you think."

"I guess." Glancing up, Maya noticed Lucas was at his car. "I gotta go." Maya waved, walking over to Lucas.

"Hey you." Lucas smiled, wrapping the tiny blonde in a bear hug.

"Hey." Maya smiled and looked up at Lucas. They got into his car and drove out of the school parking lot.

"How was your day?"

"As good as a school day can be." Maya laughed. "But it's Friday so that's good." She looked over at Lucas, who chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"Lucas you know I hate surprises."

"You'll like this one." He reached his arm across the center console and grabbed Maya's hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of it.

"We'll see."

The drive was quite long and Maya was growing impatient, squirming in her seat. She sat criss cross, with her legs infront of her, with her legs pulled up to her chest, and with them swung over onto the center console between her and Lucas. She turned the radio up and sang and danced along to the music, leaving a never-ending smile on Lucas' face.

"You're cute when you're impatient."

"I'm sure I am... Are we there yet?"

"Almost."

"You said that like fifteen minutes ago."

"Well, we're here." He pulled into a parking lot and into a parking space. Maya looked around not seeing much of anything to do around them.

"Where are we exactly?" They got out of the car and Lucas guided Maya infront of him. "We have to walk?" She groaned.

"You might just live if you walk a little." Lucas kept his hand on Maya's back as he led her down the sidewalk and through crowds of people. "Right there." Lucas pointed to a building and opened the door for Maya to walk in.

"Ice skating? I've never been ice skating in my life!"

"After today you won't be able to say that." He smiled. They walked over to get their skates and sat down on a bench to put them on.

"These are so heavy!" Maya laughed as she tried to walk in them. Lucas laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist, leading her to the rink. Unsteady, she reached infront of her for Lucas, and grabbed his arms. They slowely moved around the ice at a steady pace for a good bit of time.

"You wanna try by yourself?" Lucas slowly let go of Maya's arms and she did the same, moving slowly on her skates by herself.

"I'm doing it!" Maya smiled. She looked down at her skates and back up at Lucas.