Chapter Twenty Nine:

Luke's P.O.V

I woke up with Angel wrapped around me and I smiled. Her leg was hitched at my waist, her arm resting beside her head on my chest. She was half on top of me with the blanket around her waist. We were both still naked and her whole body was pressed firmly against mine. I felt myself stir and a tent formed in the blanket. I felt better than I had in months. I felt refreshed, lighter and happier. I looked down at Angel and stroked her cheek as she slept. As much as I wanted to, I knew I couldn't wake her up with sex. She needed a break. She had been wincing after we first had sex, then after the shower, I had to carry her to bed. She needed a rest. I kissed the top of her head and I gently let her go, wriggling out of bed. She didn't wake, but she frowned at the change. I pulled on some underwear and a pair of track pants and walked out the room quietly. I walked downstairs and poked my head inside the kitchen.

'Ally, Angel is still asleep. Can I please have bacon and eggs? With sausages. And a coffee. I'll be in my office.' I grinned at her.

'Good morning! You look.. Brighter. Very chipper.' She smiled. 'Sure thing.' She nodded.

I walked back up to my office and I collapsed in my chair. I filed some paperwork and tried to clear the mound of papers on my desk. Tara was going to have the baby in a few short months. I sighed. I was happy to be a dad, but at the same time, I hated it. I wanted a baby with Angel. Maybe I would make sure that my first son with Angel became the next King Alpha. I needed a full blooded royal to take my place. I pinched the bridge of my nose and tried to get rid of the worries. Ally knocked on the door and came in with a tray.

'Here we are.' She smiled and set it down in front of me, kissing my head, then she left. I devoured the food in a record time and gulped down the coffee. I picked up a lump of paperwork I had finished with and placed it in the box to be shredded. When I turned back to my desk, an envelope was lying there. I frowned and picked it up. It was unopened and blank. I ripped it open and unfolded a piece of paper within.

King Alpha Luke.

Don't trust the paperwork.

You were set up.

I frowned and read it again. It didn't say who wrote the note or anything. I grabbed my phone and called Benji and Brax. They walked into my office a few minutes later and sat at my desk.

'Someone was in my office.' I glared at them.

'Sir?' Brax frowned.

'There was an envelope on my desk. I didn't put it there. Someone else did.'

'With all due respect Sir, Angel has access-'

'Angel didn't do it. Find me who did.' I interrupted Benji.

They looked at each other.

'Find me who did!' I yelled. They both jumped and nodded, rushing out and closing the door. I grabbed my phone again and called Kyle.

'Hello?' Maria answered.

'I said leave it.' Kyle growled in the background.

I had clearly interrupted.

'Maria put Kyle on.'

'It's your brother.' She said.

'I don't fucking care.' His voice was murderous.

'Kyle, pick up the fucking phone.' I snapped.

'What?!' He barked, after snatching the phone.

'I need you here now.'