Chapter Eighteen

Angel's P.O.V

I walked back to the house with my head down. I felt awful for yelling at Maria and hitting Kyle, even though I knew it wouldn't of hurt him. I walked into the house full of shame and made my way up to the bedroom. I walked in and softly closed the door.

'Kyle.' I started and looked at him. 'I'm really sorry for hitting you, I just needed to get out.' I sighed.

'No worries hun.' He smiled at me.

'Maria.' I took a deep breath and looked at her. 'Maria I am so so sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just really stressed and upset, and I know that's no excuse.' I snuck a look at her. She beamed and paced over, hugging me.

'Hey we're sisters now, yelling at each other kinda comes with the nature.' She laughed. I hugged her back tightly.

'If you wouldn't mind. I could use your help getting ready.' I blushed and looked down, my hair falling in my face. I was still wearing Luke's shirt and had a corner of it tucked into my little grey shorts.

'Of course! Get dressed and we will go to the shops.' She clapped.

'But no expensive boutiques!' I said seriously.

'Sure, sure.' She waved me off, excited.

'What have I done?' I muttered nervously.

Kyle and Luke just laughed. I looked up at Luke and walked over to him. I hugged him tightly, sitting on the bed. Corby was in Kyle's lap on the foot of the bed.

'Angel get some clothes on and lets go, chop chop!' Maria demanded.

'I love you.' Luke mumbled into my hair, kissing it.

'I love you more.' I whispered against his neck.

'I'll see you tonight babe, I can't wait.' He squeezed me gently.

'Me either.' I squeezed my eyes shut then felt Maria dragging me away.

'Here.' She handed me a pair of jeans and an army tank top that showed my belly. I stepped into the bathroom and changed quickly, brushing my teeth and emerging.

'Let's go!' Maria impatiently grabbed my hand and dragged me out the room and the house. She climbed into a sleek black BMW and I got in beside her. We drove into town and she took me to a few shops, throwing dresses to me. One in particular stood out to me and I pulled it on. It was long and white. It clung to my body all the way down, like a second skin with a slit up the side, exposing my leg. It had one long sleeve and the other side was sleeveless, it would show my mark. It was beautiful and elegant with a thin cut out on one side, exposing some of the tan skin on my side and stomach. The material was like satin. I loved it. I opened the door and Maria gasped, dropping the hangers she was holding.

'I love it.' She breathed.

'Me too.' I smiled and spun in a circle. I put my other clothes back on and placed the dress on the counter with a pair of matching strappy satin heels.

'That will be four thousand dollars.' The lady smiled. My eyes bugged as Maria handed over a black platinum card easily.

'Right, next!' She beamed at me.

'Next?' I stared at her, my eyes wide.

'Do you need a wax?' She asked.

'No, I'm always on top of that.' I laughed. She snatched my hand and examined my long nails. She smiled and pulled me into a hair salon. I groaned but she didn't take no for an answer. The staff knew her of course and we got the golden treatment. A man washed my hair, giving my scalp a massage while a lady gave me a full pedicure. When I was moved to the mirror, the man blew out my hair and the lady moved on to give me a manicure. When we were finally done, we left, driving back home. It was nightfall by now. I was restless with anticipation.