Chapter Four:

Angel's P.O.V

Luke drove my car and assured me we were almost at his house. I felt butterflies in my stomach, wondering what it would be like. I was really starting to like him. He was nice and interested in what I had to say. He was a sweet guy and clearly cared for me. I could sense his jealously when Anthony had come over and it made me feel special that someone like him could feel something for me. We had packed up my clothes and some other things, but majority of the things had been left there. I didn't really care. The bond had made me realize all I needed was Luke and I didn't care if I had anything else. I didn't care about leaving the house or my job. I just wanted to be near him.

'Here we are.' He mumbled. I frowned. We were in the middle of the woods, nowhere. He pulled to the side, in a driveway and followed it along a fair way. A giant house came into view and my jaw dropped. It was stunning. The property was huge and the house was gorgeous. It was completely private, the only way to see the house was to follow the driveway far enough down. He must be really rich.

'Wow.' I breathed.

'That's my house. It's also where the pack meetings are held, and my office is there. There are other houses scattered around, none as big as this, and that's where the others live. The whole pack lives on this block.' He said, like it was nothing.

'It's huge.' I screeched.

He just laughed. We pulled to a stop outside the house and got out. Luke opened the front door and gave me a tour of the house. It was nice and already felt like home.

'This is my room.' He opened a door and I peeked in. The bed was huge and looked so comfy I almost dove right in. The was a chest of drawers and two doors that lead into a bathroom and a walk in robe. I felt Luke's tension and wondered why.

'I don't expect you to stay in here with me yet. You have your own room. I'll show you.' He said. I followed him out and tried to hide my disappointment. He opened another door and I walked in. It was the same as his, except this one had two sets of drawers, and all my things were already in here. I stared at them, then back at Luke, my eyebrow raised.

'Benji brought them in. He's my second in command.' Luke said and shrugged.

'Oh, okay.' I nodded.

'Do you like it?' He asked, a hint of nerves in his voice.

'The room or the house?'

'Either. Both.'

'I love the house. It's gorgeous. I love how private it is and how everyone is together. And I really appreciate the bedroom. It was sweet of you.' I blushed and looked down.

'I'm glad you like it. And of course. You still hardly know me.' He laughed once and I almost shivered at the sound.

'I'll leave you to it. This is your house now as much as mine, so make yourself comfortable. Have a look around. I've gotta talk to some of the pack.' He smiled at me.

'Okay, sure. I should probably start packing my things away anyway.' I gestured to the bags.

He nodded but didn't move. Like he wasn't sure how to part ways with me. He smiled, then closed the door, walking away.

I felt some disappointment. But what did I expect? A kiss? I sighed and set to packing away my things. After an hour or two, I was all settled in and the room felt more homey. But it was still off because I wouldn't be near Luke. I missed him already. I rolled my eyes at myself and went for a walk around the house. I found my way to the kitchen and blushed. Luke was in there with some of the pack. There were two men and a girl there. They all looked at me when I stepped in and my eyes widened, looking down.