Chapter Fifteen

Caroline's POV

I look over at Elena with headphones on, yawning as she rubs her eyes.

"You tired?" I ask. She shrugs, taking off her headphones and setting them on the nightstand. My mind is filled with images of Klaus. I try to stay on the topic of her life and how she's doing since I owe her that much.

"Little bit, why, are you?" she smiles, quickly throwing her hair into a braid.

"Yeah, want to go to sleep?" I suggest. She nods and gets under her covers, scrolling through her phone as I turn off the lights and flip closed the curtains.

"Goodnight Care," she yawns. I smile and close my eyes.

"Night."

_________________________________________

I wake up to the sound of glass breaking. My eyes quickly shoot open. I decide not to wake up Elena and tiptoe out of the dorm room. There were small flickers of light in the halls which the school kept on in case someone got up to use the bathroom.

I am about to head back into our dorm before I feel a hand pull me back forcefully.

"Miss me Caroline?" It was him- the guy! I immediately tense up and try to punch him but feel my hands being caught once again.

"Uh uh uh. See this time I brought my dad with me. You took Elena from us, so now we take something from her- and what better than her best friend?" he smirks, whispering in my ear. I shake my head, shivers running up and down my spine.

"No stop, please!" I gulp feeling a sharp pain to my stomach. They stabbed me with a steak. Tears form in my eyes before falling to my knees, hitting the cold, hard ground.

"Caroline!" He yells- no not him- Elena? Why was she up?

"Caroline wake up!"

_________________________________________

I immediately shoot my eyes open, my heart racing. The blankets feel heavy on my body, causing me to sweat a dreadful amount.

"Caroline, hey it was just a dream okay?" Elena is at my side, placing a hand on my shoulder. It felt so real.

"W-what?" I ask, terrified. She hugs me.

"It was just a dream. Don't worry," she assures me. Her words are extremely comforting as she releases me. I kick off my blankets and run a hand through my hair.

"You were screaming, Care! What was it about?" She asks when I don't answer. It takes me a second to process my nightmare as I collect my thoughts.

"I got captured by the hunters- it was so realistic Elena. It was so terrifying. They threatened me and stabbed me-"

"Hey, it didn't happen. Okay? Klaus and Elijah and Rebekah are working on a way to kill them. Don't worry. They won't get you or me," she smiles. I look out the window. It's still dark out.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" she asks. She looks tired and the last thing I want to do is keep her up- but I can't sleep.

"I don't think I can. But don't worry, you can," I smile, comforting her. She shakes her head.

"Care, you need to sleep," Elena laughs at my offer and I do as well.