Chapter Six

Caroline's POV

I look at the amazing dress in the window, then down at the price with a frown, sighing. I need something for the party tonight, something sexy and yet sophisticated.

"You like it?" I jump at the voice. Klaus.

"I swear you're stalking me," I turn around and sip on my drink, eyeing him. He looks undeniably handsome in black jeans, a black  T-shirt and some tan colored work boots. His hair is messily pushed back which makes my appeal for him grow.

I shouldn't be feeling these things for him but I do, and I can't help myself. That is a main reason why I'm ignoring him- because I'm afraid of what may happen if I don't.

"I prefer to call it 'keeping an eye on you'. Plus, you hung up on me this morning which I found quite rude," he says with a large smirk, dimples showing. I roll my eyes but can't help smiling. I almost forget my anger towards him.

"Yes, that's the whole point in trying to ignore a person. Actually, you should know- I'd expect a lot of people try to ignore you," I tease him, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Actually, if you must know, a lot of people enjoy my company. Especially the girl I had over last night- she was a beauty-" I stop him before he can go on.

"Ew! You're disgusting," I joke, although I can't help but frown.

"I'm just joking with you love, there was no 'other' girl. That's because I was trying to get ahold of you to ask if you were doing okay but you kept on dodging my calls which leads us to the question once again, why?" He raises his eyebrows, waiting for an answer. I shake my head, attempting to walk away before I feel him pull me back by my wrist. I gasp slightly as the space between us lessens.

"Answer my question, Caroline," he says possessively.

"I'm ignoring you because sometimes, you don't need to talk to a person every single freaking day. Also, it's annoyingly when someone won't trust you to be by yourself and won't stop worrying constantly," I answer, partially true, but decide it's better to leave out the part where I am afraid to have feelings for him. He looks as if I was lying, but let's it go.

"Well I'll worry about you either way. You know that. Anyways, how've you been doing?" he asks. My heart flutters at his slight compliment, causing me to blush slightly. I shrug.

"Fine, honestly. I mean I haven't cried in the last two hours which is a good sign and I try not to think too much about it," I let out a nervous laugh, and he notices. Klaus places a hand on my shoulder, a gesture I never expected from him.

"Have you spoken to Tyler?" He asks, changing the subject, his hand now off of me. I haven't even recalled Tyler. I feel bad for the way I treated him, but I was still very mad. He left me and told me my mom would have been disappointed in me- whether or not that was so he could try and get my humanity back on, it still hurt me.

"Not yet, and I don't think I'm planning to," I sigh. Klaus nods just as I feel raindrops fall on my cheek. I look up and before I know it it's down-pouring on the two of us.

"Do you have a car?" he asks. I shake my head.

"No, I walked!" I hold the two heavy bags full of clothes I have in my hand, gesturing to him.

"Okay, come on!" he calls out and takes my hand, running to a black car which looks rather expensive. We both climb in and I put the bags in the back seats.

"Well that's some weather change right there," he laughs, pointing his head towards outside. I look around, sighing.

"Well now what am I going to do? I need something to wear for the party tonight..." I sigh, talking to myself. I run my hands through my hair, tightly tugging at it.

"A party, hm?" Klaus asks with a wider smirk. I shake my head.

"No Klaus you're not coming. I swear if I see you there-"

"I'm coming, it's official. I also hear you need a dress?" he asks with a playful attitude. I roll my eyes.

"I'll find one on my own. I don't want your help," I tell him sternly. He can't help but chuckle.

"Alright then," he says, his smirk wide and dimples showing as he drives me home.
_________________________________________
Klaus's POV

I wait impatiently for Caroline to arrive. I know she's coming, she told me she was. I find myself annoyingly tapping my fingers against my beer glass as the door opens and Elena walks in. I immediately go to her.

"Klaus. I didn't know you were coming," She seems annoyed by my presence which only makes me smile.

"Is Caroline with you?" I ask with a tone of annoyance trailing in my voice. She crosses her arms.

"Yes, but she doesn't want to see you. So stay away," Elena threatens, causing my grin to widen.

"I will note that under the things I'll never do, sweetheart," I say, walking past her. I see a familiar blonde vampire get out of the car, wearing a teasingly sexy black lace dress with matching black heels.

"Caroline, love, welcome," I greet her as if it were my own party, which it wasn't. She rolls her eyes and struts past me. I can't help my eyes roam down her body.

"Seriously, I just wanted one night! One night to myself," she sighs, looking at me. I can't help frowning. I can tell she genuinely is annoyed with me, but I'm too worried about her turning off her humanity against to leave her alone.

"I try to stay away from you, but I can't. At least let me offer you a drink love," I offer. she crosses her arms just like her best friend once did to me a few minutes ago, before nodding.

"If we're going to act civil then I will need something strong," She informs me with a small smile. I chuckle.

"Act? I thought we were," I place a hand over my heart, pretending I was hurt. She lets a giggle escape her lips. I've never heard something more precious and adorable. She seems to notice I'm staring at her and blushes a deep shade of pink making me smirk.

"If you can get me that drink quickly then maybe I'll consider actually calling you a friend," she teases. I am quick to go and revive the drink for the beauty that is Caroline, excited for what this night holds.