X V I I I - [ D A E M O N ]

Start from the beginning

"Very pretty indeed! How are my favorite little devils?" I ask, bending down to ruffle their hairs. Medrin hugs my leg, but the boys disappear before I can even touch them.

"Awh, c'mon! Aren't we too old for that already?" Arael appears in front of me, arms crossed in front of him.

"Yeah, aren't we?" Xaeran stands beside him, imitating his older brother.

"You wish, kiddos. Now give your uncle a hug or there's no way the two of you are getting desserts after dinner." The boys grumble and complain, but do as they are told anyway. "Now that's more like it."

"Uncle, who's that?" Medrin asks, peeking at Feia who is standing behind me.

"Oh," I turn around, and motion for Feia to come closer. "Guys, this is Feia. She's my—"

"GIRLFRIEND?!" Squeals Medrin, making me cringe at the loudness of her voice.

"Oh, no. No, kid, not at all." Feia says, claiming her spot beside me. "I'm Laufeia. Otherwise known as his right hand."

For a moment the kids are quiet, their gazes shifting from me to Feia. After a while, though, Medrin slowly lets go of my legs and ask, "So... Not a girlfriend?"

I let out a light chuckle as I touch her hair. "No, Munchkin. Nothing like that."

"Then who are you?" Arael asks, tilting his head.

"Like she said, Rae; she's my right hand." I answer, nodding at Feia.

"But your right hand is right here," Xaeran says, taking my right hand and inspecting it. "Is this fake?"

"Oh no, of course not." I laugh, amused. "It just means that she helps me in ruling Hell." The three children mutter "ooh"s and "aaah"s, then finally nod in understanding. "Now Feia here will be taking care of all of you while I'm out. Can you promise me to behave?"

"Yes, uncle." The three answer in unison, and I nod in satisfaction before turning to Feia.

"All yours, My Sweet." I whisper in her ears, and quickly disappear before she even gives a reply.

Hopefully, nothing bad will happen while I'm gone.

||-:-:-:-:-:-||

"MORE DRINKS, Sir?"

"I'm quite alright," I mumble incoherently into the bed.

"Yes, Sir. Do call if you need anything." The succubus curtsies before scurrying off.

"Is the pressure enough, Sir?" The other succubus, who is massaging my back, asks.

"A little harder, maybe?"

"Of course, Sir." She says, and I feel more pressure on my back, but in a good away. I let out a contended sigh, satisfied with their services.

Now this is a perk of being Satan—who wouldn't want to get free massages and refreshments from multiple succubi?

"Oh," I say, propping myself up on my shoulders. "What time might it be?"

"Three-thirty, Sir."

"Two hours already?" I ask, incredulous, and sigh as I sit up. All the succubi back away from me, probably for fear of getting in my way. "Time to get back, then."

I snap my fingers and disappear.

||-:-:-:-:-:-||

"I'M BACK!" I announce, a wide grin on my face. It falters as soon as I see the view before me, however, and it feels as if all the massage and relax-time I'd gotten happened a century ago.

"Stop that, Goddammit!" Feia scowls, holding up Xaeran by his one foot. A loud crash comes from the corner of the room, and she swivels her head at the direction of the sound. "Hey!" She shouts, glowering at Arael. "Will you stop trying to fit your sister in that fucking pot?! You know that if you keep on trying to do that she will—" A boom sounds from the same corner, and Feia lets out a frustrated sigh. "... Blow it up." She finishes, a tired look on her face.

Blood is all over the floor, papers scattered all over the room in a very untidy manner. There is what looks like a live heart laying by the couch, though Satan knows just how that thing ended up in the room.

It's complete and utter chaos, really—I'm surprised that I still don't have any grey hair growing out.

"Oww, you little—" Feia starts again, but stops as soon as she spots me with my jaws slightly ajar. "Oh, you're back." She says, her face devoid of emotions.

"Uncle Daemon!" The kids squeal, and appear in a line in front of me. "You're back!"

"Uh, yes..." I say, still looking at how much of a mess Feia looks. "How was... Your day with Feia?"

"It was great!" Xaeran exclaims, unable to keep still. "She taught us how to kill!"

"She what?!" That would explain the heart. "Who? How? Why?"

"Yeah! It was so AWESOME!" Arael chimes in, nodding eagerly.

"Look, look! She made me this doll!" Medrin holds up an oddly familiar-looking doll in front of her. "See?"

"Is..." I look at the doll, then back at Feia. "Is that your sister?"

Feia shrugs nonchalantly, giving me a look that says, Whoops.

I bring a palm to my face.

Remind me to never trust her with these mundane tasks ever again.