Chapter 1

Picture of Janice on the slide.
I am a freshmen in high school. I have an amazing boyfriend and a great best friend. But everything in my life was not perfect. I lost my mother by a drive by shooter. My dad was devastated. He started to drink and became very abusive. If it weren't for the two people in the world that I care about in my life I probably would've been dead by now. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my teacher slammed a textbook on my desk.
"Janice Natalie Johnson pay attention." She yelled at me.
"Yes Ms.Gracia." I said. Suddenly the bell rang. I was the first one out of class. I just couldn't wait to see my boyfriend. I saw waiting by my locker like always at the end of the day. I kissed him and I forgot the world around us till my friend Samantha said "Ewwwww get a room." I loved how she joked around. I gave her a hug. We went to drop off Sammy, then Jonathan and I went to my house and watched netflix and chilled. Then his mother texted him that she was outside. He gave me one last kiss and left.
"Hey text me if your dad doesn't come home and I will be over." He said. I nodded and he gave me one more kiss then left.
****Six Hours Later****
My dad still wasn't home. He finished work at 6 and it was now 12. I called him repeatedly and then I called Jonathan he was sleeping but he didn't care he came and stayed with me. We fell asleep.
****3 am****
It was now 3 in the morning. My father walked in I ran down the stairs.
"DAD WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU? I WAS WORRIED SICK. ARE YOU DRUNK?" I yelled. Then he slapped me.
"YOU CAN'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT BITCH. YOU NEED TO LEARN A LESSON." He yelled then grabbed a belt and began to hit me. Jonathan came down and went and attacked my father.
"Run Janice Run." Jonathan yelled I grabbed a jacket. I think it was Jonathan's I started running. I was crying the whole time. When I stopped crying I noticed I was on the bad side of town. I started to calm down. Then I noticed someone following me. I looked behind me. He looked familiar. I kept walking. Suddenly he grabbed my arm and pushed me into an alley. I did know him. He went to the high school he was in the 12th grade.
"Hey pretty girl." He slurred he was completely drunk. I tried to pull away but he pushed me to a wall. I screamed and called for help. Next thing I know he raped me. He left me crying. I went home. I saw Jonathan lifeless on the floor. I called 911 on the house phone. Seeing as my phone had died. The cops came and arrested my dad. Jonathan didn't press charges. I also told the cops what happened to me before coming home. They took me to the hospital. I took a rape kit. The cops asked series of questions. Then I told them I recognize the guy who raped me. Jonathan was crying he never cried. He just couldn't believe some sicko raped me. And to add to all that it was his best friend who raped me. I don't know what to do.
I went to his house and stayed there. I was madly in love with this guy. If only I could tell him. I just want him to tell me that he loves me first.