|Jane Asher : Short Story Two|

In mid-1968, Asher returned to London from an acting assignment in earlier than expected and caught McCartney in bed with Francie Schwartz. A fan who frequently hung around Paul's Cavendish Avenue home claims to have witnessed the incident, saying "...Paul brought this American girl home...(and a little while later)...another car turned into Cavendish Avenue — it was Jane. She'd come back...earlier than she was supposed to. Jane went into the house. A bit later on she came storming out again and drove away." Shortly after, Margaret Asher drove to Cavendish to collect her daughter's things.

On 20 July 1968, Asher announced publicly to the that her engagement to McCartney had been called off, an announcement that shocked many people, including McCartney himself. At the time of Asher's announcement, McCartney was at his father's home with Schwartz by his side. McCartney, who had not been formally broken up with before the announcement, had been publicly dumped on television.

Though Schwartz has confirmed that Asher did see them in bed together, she claims that she was not the sole reason for the breakup, and that the couple were on the verge of breaking up prior to Asher walking in. Other people, such as and, inquire that the relationship always had major problems, one of those being that McCartney wanted Asher to give up her career after they married, an aspiration of his that Asher would not comply with.

Another prevalent problem in the relationship was McCartney's drug use. After returning to London from a five-month acting tour of the United States in May 1967, Asher found McCartney to be completely different, confiding in Davies that McCartney had "changed so much. He was on LSD, which I hadn't shared. I was jealous of all the spiritual experiences he'd had with John. There were fifteen people dropping in all day long. The house had changed and was full of stuff I didn't know about."

Since the breakup, Asher has never spoken about her time and relationship with McCartney.

-----

Hello! I'm back!

First off, I just want to get one thing clear. This little tidbit of Jane and Paul's breakup was found on Wikipedia (yeah, shame on me, whatever). So with that, this is by another author or several, I repeat this is not my work, this is somebody else's from Wikipedia (all rights go to them). I'm just relaying information through.

Plus I'm really lazy right now, but I wanted to start this story again.

Also could you do me solid and check out mine and johnlennonaid 's new account dunbarss ? We hope to be starting a Liam Dunbar (Dylan Sprayberry, yum) fanfiction soon...

Happy Reading xx