|Cynthia Lennon : Short Story One|

Cynthia Lennon, Powell at the time, was just in school when she met John. She never thought she would ever marry such a man, but she didn't know what the future held.

"Miss Powell, may I borrow a pencil today?" John would always ask.

Cynthia huffed. "You always need a pencil Lennon," she said handing him one.

One day, the teddy had brought his own guitar to class, and played Ain't She Sweet directly to Cynthia! With every strum of the guitar, Cynthia felt her cheeks heat up.

On another day, we had asked her to go out with him. She quickly replied that she was engaged to a man in Hoylake.

"I didn't ask you to fuckin' marry me, did I?!" He shouted stomping away.

Now in this moment, Cynthia knew she could never have a relationship with this boy.

However, later he asked her to go out to the Ye Cracke Pub. When he ignored her all evening, she was very confused. 'Why would this man ask me out, if he's not even going to pay me the littlest bit of attention!' She thought.

But at the end of the evening, he grabbed her hand and dragged her to his friend's room where they made love.

Not the typical relationship, no. But Cynthia could start to see the possibility.

They started to date after that, and John had started to call her Cyn. Much better than Miss. Powell, she thought.

While dating John, Cynthia had to be very careful, for he got jealous very easy. If she greeted another student, his face would go pale and he'd clench his fists.

When she danced with Stuart at a party, he'd slapped her across the face.

After that she'd broke up with John for about three months. But she terribly missed him those three months, and eventually accepted his apology.

Her relationship with John was doing no good to her art career, but she didn't care. She didn't listen to her teachers when they told her to stay away from him.

When John went to Hamburg with his band, he wrote her passionate letters that made her blush. She even visited him around Easter with Dot.

By that time, Cynthia had rented a bedroom from John's aunt, Mimi Smith. She was a tough woman, and didn't like Cynthia very much at first.

Then Cynthia found out she was pregnant with a child. She didn't know what to think or feel...

John didn't know either. But this is what he told her:

"There's only one thing for it Cyn, we'll have to get married."