9 - Coming down

WOW IM SOSO SPRRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG OH MY GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME I FEEL SO TERRIBLE. IVE JUST BEEN SO STRESSED AND I HAVE EXAMS COMING UP SOON IM SP SPRRY I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR 4K

***

I sighed, looking down at my phone ruefully. It had begun playing 'Do I Wanna Know' by the Arctic Monkeys, and as the line "I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week" flowed into my ear, I couldn't help but think of Ashley. Her flowing blue hair, shining eyes and stunning smile have made their way into my dreams for the past four nights.

I was still feeling somewhat indifferent towards her and Michael because of what they were talking about a few nights ago. Michael just seems so out of my league, and me and Ashley could never work out.

He seemed like the type to throw me to the ground and walk all over me with muddy Converse, whereas Ashley touches me like I'm glass that would shatter into nothing if she held me too hard. No ones ever touched me like that before.

I don't deserve for Ashley to touch me like that, she wants more than I can give her, and I don't know what I want.

She was off playing at some festival anyway, where she's posting pictures of her singing on stage, and dumping water all over herself. She also recently released a new single called New Americana.

***

My phone buzzed. It was a text from Ashley that read "take a listen :p" and an audio clip attached. I clicked on the audio clip attached, and a beat started playing. Suddenly, Ashley's voice was there too, as she begun to sing. "I found god, I found him in a lover, when his hair falls in his face, and his hands so cold they shake."

It was an entire song, and it was beautiful.

I texted her back.

To: bby girl :D

oh my god that was beautiful what is that

From: bby girl :D

It's a song that's gonna be on Badlands called Coming Down. I'm glad you like it!

To: bby girl :D

it's so nice. it's my favourite song you've ever made!!

From: bby girl :D

I'm glad, because a part of it was inspired by you

From: bby girl :D

FUCK I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you that

When I read the last to messages from Ashley, I think I actually stopped breathing for a moment. What had I gotten myself into?