6 - Not Even Together

I woke up the following morning on Ashley's couch. I examined my surroundings, noticing Calum passed out in a recliner chair next to me. I could also hear shuffling in the kitchen, so I got up and walked out there. I entered the kitchen to see Ashley, a glass of water and a bottle of Advil in front of her. She looked up to see me, a cold expression making it's way onto her face.

She picked up the Advil, slamming down in front of me and making me flinch. "Here," she said coldly.

What the fuck is her problem? Hesitantly, I opened the bottle and got two Advil, swallowing them dry. She continued to stay completely silent so I spoke up, "a-are you ok?" I asked, and she looked over to me, her harsh eyes burning holes right trough me.

"I'm great," she said with a sarcastic smile and a mocking voice.

"Did I, uh, do anything?" I asked her slowly, hesitantly.

"Am I dreaming or did you seriously just fucking ask me that?" She said, her voice beginning to raise as I took a step back, "you fucking lead me on you bitch, I should have fucking known!" She was now full on shouting.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her.

She closed her eyes for a moment, inhaling, and exhaling. "You and Michael basically had sex with your mouths," she said, her voice eerily calm.

"For one, I was fucking shit faced drunk, and two, we're not even together, why are you acting like you own me," I said, beginning to shout myself. I didn't think Ashley could ever be like this; aggressive and possessive.

"I'm not fucking saying we were together, but it damn sure seemed like you were trying to lead us into some sort of relationship! Jesus Christ!" She shouted.

"I told you I'm fucking straight," I yelled, at the exact same time Calum and Josh walked in, confused looks on their faces. They obviously heard us yelling, considering we hadn't made any efforts to keep this quiet.

"Can you guys please go for a minute," Ashley said to Calum and Josh, regaining her calm.

They both obliged, still looking confused and hungover as hell.

"Straight girls don't make out with other girls." She shot, right after they left.

"Look," I said, "I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't do. I'm fully aware that straight girls don't make out with other girls, it was a fucking mistake, I'm an idiot. I think I should go," with my words, her face fell, but only for about a second as she regained he cold expression.

"Maybe you should," she seethed.

I turned on my heel, and left the kitchen, grabbing my purse in the living room where Josh, Calum, Luke, Ashton, Michael, Jenna and Lido were now all sitting with weary looks on their faces.

They probably heard that whole argument. Great. Fucking divine, actually.

Michael's head hung low, as if he knew he contributed to a part of this huge mess. It wasn't even his fault though, it was mine, because I'm an idiot.

When I grabbed the last of my things- making sure I had everything because there's a good chance I'll never be in her apartment again, I left.

I puffed out a breath of air I'd been holding in while I was in the taxi, because I knew it. I fucked up.

***

When I got back to my apartment, I just sulked around, because I had no one else to cheer me up. I had no friends, because I was basically considered the weird arty kid in high school, who hung out with the other weird kids but never stayed connected with them after graduation. I would call over my brothers, but they're both lame as fuck and would be no help to my problems, now that they're all grown up and work at a fancy law firm and have family's and all.

I miss when we were all younger and they were actually fun. Now they just seem like exact replicas of my dad, always acting 'reasonable' and adult-like' which I think is bullshit. That's not how you're supposed to raise young kids. You're supposed to cherish their naïve carefreeness. My brothers don't even like me watching their kids anymore, because I always bring them candy and messy crafts, but it's worth it because Cameron's three year old boy and Drew's five year old girl and six year old boy love me. I'm just the coolest, most badass Aunt.

Finally, I decided attempt to drown my sorrows by binge watching American Horror Story and eating cereal. I love cereal. It was basically all I ate when I first moved out of my parents place and was broke as shit.

***

I woke up the next morning with an empty cereal bowl and spoon by my head. Typical.

I got out of bed, since I had things to do today. I threw on some clothes and went off to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I was doing so, my phone started to ring. My heart beat picked up as I hoped it was Ashely. But of course, it wasn't. It was my mom. Great.

I sighed as I picked up my phone and answered it. "Hello," I said, probably not sounding very excited to talk to my mom, because I wasn't. My parents were always nagging me about what I was going to do with my life, and how hey couldn't always have their eye on me forever.

"Delilah," my mom exclaimed, her voice overly perky, making me wince, "your father and I have something very exciting to show you, please come home as soon as possible," she said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom," I groaned, guessing that mom and dad had found another boring collage to try to persuade me to go to. I had gone to art school and that was that.

"Please, Delilah, it's not another collage and you will not regret it this time," my mom pleaded and I gave in.

"Fine, see you soon," I said, hanging up.

I decided to take the Subway, because it was way cheaper, and it also made a stop on the street where my parents lived. I mostly did it because money was tight though. Oh, the perks of being a struggling artist.

I got off the subway and found myself outside of my parents apartment building.

My parents buzzed me up to their penthouse, and so I was sitting across from them at the dining room table. "Delilah," my dad said lowly, "your mother was telling me about how you were looking for a studio of your own to keep and sell your art in, and well, I went looking. I found something for you with cheap rent, and I think it would be just fine for you to use," my dad said, and I nearly jumped on the table and did a victory dance then and there.

"Holy shit dad-" I said until my mother cut me off.

"Language," she said sharply, embarrassing me.

"I think we should go take a look," my dad said, standing up as me and my mom followed him.

We walked down the parking garage, and got in my parents black Audi. We drove and stopped outside of an empty, blank, space amongst other shops that lined the streets. It was only a few blocks away from my apartment, which is quite convenient.

We walked up to it. The front was all glass, so the people walking past it could see the art inside. The walls were all white and the floor was a light hardwood. We walked in, and I admired the empty space that would soon be my very own art studio. "You can start moving at the beginning of July, which is only about a week away, so you should start preparing for that," my dad informed me, and I nodded.

"Honestly, thank you so much," I said to my parents and they smiled.

"Even if your dad and I don't agree with your career choice, we might as well help you make the most of it," my mom said grimly, which irritated me a bit, though I brushed it off.

"Anyways, we should be going," my dad said, and I bid them goodbye.

I was left standing in what was soon going to be my very own art studio. Holy shit. Maybe I'd actually start having some good luck coming my way.

(A/n)

Sorry this was hella short and shitty

buT HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD FUCK