3 - Burnt Pancakes

Edited!

As Ashley smiled sheepishly, I coughed awkwardly, making both Ashley's and Michael's heads turn towards me. Instantly, a smirk made it's way onto Michael's face, "is there someone you haven't been telling me about?" Michael asked, still smirking.

I felt my cheeks heat up as Ashley gave Michael a pointed look, "no actually, I met her last night, Michael. This is Delilah, and Delilah, I'm pretty sure you don't live under a rock, so you know who Michael is."

"Ooh," Michael said in a singsong voice. Ashley glared at him, picking up a fork that was right beside her, and threw it at him, knowing exactly what he was implying. Michael threw his hands in the air, "ok chill out, Jesus, don't kill me," he exclaimed, and I laughed a little, making him turn his attention back to me. "I'm sorry Ashley lost her chill there,but anyway, hi Delilah," he said, his face breaking into a smile as he waved at me vigorously like a little kid.

I smiled shyly, walking towards the kitchen island that Ashley was leaning against. She then walked towards the counter, and came back, handing me a mug of coffee. "I'm assuming you drink coffee, right?" She asked, and I nodded gratefully.

"Yes, this shit keeps me alive, thank you," I said, smiling as I added just sugar to the black coffee.

She smiled back at me, pouring herself a mug of coffee, and then turning to Michael "even though you're an ass I'll still let you drink my coffee," she rolled her eyes, "do you want any?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

He shook his head, making a funny face, "no that shit is disgusting, I don't understand how anyone could drink it," he said, his Aussie accent thicker than ever.

Ashley took a sip of her coffee, "suit yourself."

I then sniffed, scrunching my nose a little, "what's burning?" I asked, because something smelled like it was burning.

Suddenly, Ashley's eyes widened, "fuck!" She exclaimed, "the pancakes," she turned, and so did I to see the pan smoking. Michael bursted out laughing, clapping his hands together.

"Good one," he said between laughs, and Ashley turned, flipping him off.

She then proceeded to lift the pancakes that were now basically just lumps of charcoal off of the heat, dumping them into the garbage, then setting the pan in the sink. She smiled at me sheepishly, "sorry about those," she said, her voice all high pitched and cute.

"It's ok," I laughed.

"Do you want some cereal instead?" She offered, to which I waved her off.

"No, I'm fine, thanks though," I told her.

"Ooh, I want cereal!" Michael exclaimed, running across the kitchen to the cabinet, where he obviously knew Ashley kept her cereal.

...

Sadly, I felt I should leave Ashley's. It was a bit awkward with Michael there, and I felt I was overstaying my welcome, though Ashley didn't feel that way. I grabbed the things I had laying around- my phone, wallet, and jacket, and headed out.

As I sat in the cab that I was being driven back to my apartment in, a sinking feeling hit me. I hadn't gotten Ashley's number. Fuck.

I walked into my apartment, throwing everything onto the ground, not caring. How the fuck could I have forgotten to ask Ashley for her number? She probably thinks I'm conceited, which I try not to be.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed. Sighing, I looked down at my phone, furrowing my eyebrows as I read the text.

From: Bby girl :))

Hi it's Ashley lolz

I thought I was going to throw up as I read the message. I had her number, and not complaining, but how the hell did I get it? I don't think I was drunk enough to forget us exchanging numbers, because I remember everything else about last night.

Before I could reply, my phone buzzed again with another text.

From: Bby girl :))

If you're wondering how I got your number, I may or may not have put it in your phone while you were sleeping last night :-)))

From: Bby girl :))

You should really but a password on your phone,, just saying :D

I chuckled, shaking my head, and writing a reply back to her.

To: Bby girl :))

Holy shit, hi. I actually panicked on the taxi ride back to mine because I didn't think I got your number.

How could she manage to make me feel so giddy, so alive? She was just a girl that I had met at a club last night, and didn't really know much about, though she felt like so much more.

I shook my head. I really needed a nap. Some Advil wouldn't hurt either.

...

I awoke with a thought. I remember Ashley saying last night that she had an Ep out called Room 93. I decided to look it up on Spotify. My eyes widened and I nearly chocked on my own spit when I saw she had over a hundred and fifty thousand Spotify followers. I clicked on Room 93. The album artwork was very nice, if I do say so myself.

I clicked on the first song, titled 'Is There Somewhere' and was instantly blown away, by the beauty of her voice and the beautiful lyrics. The intimacy of the song. It brought goose bumps to my arms. I then proceeded to listen to the other four tracks Ghost, Hurricane, Empty Gold, and Trouble. I then saved it to my albums and added all five songs to my playlist.

It was weird, because even after just listening to that Ep, I felt as if I knew her so much better, it was quite amazing. I decided to send her a text.

To: Bby girl :))

Wow. I just listened to your Ep. It's honestly so amazing. Your voice + lyrics blow me away :))

I sent the message, smiling to myself. As creepy as it sounded, I now was temped to look her up on Instagram. I looked up 'Halsey' and instantly found the account called 'Iamhalsey'. And holy shit, she's verified and had more than 400K follwers. Honestly, how have I never heard of her before?

I then shamelessly began to go through her photos, trying not to cry over her selfies, because damn, one of her eyelashes is more attractive than my entire existence. I was interrupted from my 'stalking', if you will, when I got a reply back from her.

From: Bby girl :))

Oh my god, thank you, I'm blushing. I can't wait til you can hear badlands :D

When I read her texted I giggled, I literally fucking giggled. And then I realized, fuck, I was in deep, because I was supposed to be straight, I have to be straight. I can't like her. She's not supposed to make me feel the way she does.

(A/n)

I double updated

Are you proud because I am

-hillary