7 - Is There Somewhere You Can Meet Me?

(A/n)

HOLY SHIT GUYS, I HIT 1K THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THIS BOOK !! ++ this is kind of a weird chapter and there's a good amount of texting in this but I still hope you all enjoy! Xx

For me, the past week or so had flown by as I was moving all of my art into the new studio, and it was good. It kept my mind off of the things I had fucked up, and as an over thinker, that was probably the best thing.

As I was laying naked in bed, eating some cereal at a way-to-late hour of the night, I received a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown Number

yooo, this is Josh Dun, I'm hoping this is Delilah Brooks??

My breathing hitched when I saw the text. Who would text me claiming to be Josh Dun? I had no stupid friends to prank me.

I texted the person back.

To: Unknown Number

it is but lol who is this 4 reals

Almost instantly I got a reply back.

From: Unknown Number

lol I told you it's Josh. You should text Ashley, she's not mad at you anymore, she's just too stubborn to give in first lololol.

I rolled my eye as I changed the contact name to Josh Dun, because I'm pretty damn sure that Ashley still does, and forever will hate my guts.

To: Josh Dun

that's very funny I'm pretty sure she's gonna hate me forever

From: Josh Dun

look, you've gotta trust me on this one, just text her!!!!!!

To: Josh Dun

no

From: Josh Dun

yes

To: Josh Dun

fine

From: Josh Dun

:D

Hesitantly, I opened Ashley's contact on my phone. It was still left as " bby girl :))" because I was too big of a pussy to even look at her name it my phone. It would only bring me discouragement that I didn't need at the moment.

Slowly, I typed up a message "hey, I know I fucked up and I sincerely apologize, but a little birdy told me you weren't mad anymore, and I'm gonna look stupid if you still are so yeah sorry. Do you think we could try and fix this because I miss you yikes??" Holding my breath, I hit send on the message, with one eye opened and the other closed.

I stared at my phone until a new message from Ashley came in.

From: bby girl :))

I miss you too and if I said I was still mad I'd be lying. sorry for being a dick

I felt my eyes widen. She's gotta be sarcastic or something. I was being such an idiot, why would she ever want to associate with me again? I quickly typed up another message.

To: bby girl :))

are you being serious?? I'm the idiot, I didn't think you'd ever want to talk to me again

From: bby girl :))

Seriously, it's fine and I over reacted

I was seriously so fucking confused, why was Ashley so calm about this. Why wasn't she pissed at me like a normal human being would be, because even I can admit that I was being a dick and that I lead her on.

To: bby girl :))

are you sure it's alright? I was being a dick and I lead you on, I'm so fucking sorry Ashley.

From: bby girl :))

It's fine, I swear. Is there somewhere you can meet me?

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I read her text. Is she insane? I looked over to the clock to see it was just past two in the morning. Eyebrows furrowed, I typed back a response.

To: bby girl :))

right now? It's two in the morning

My phone buzzed almost instantly with another text from Ashley.

From: bby girl :))

yeah, can you come over to mine?

Hastily, I replied to her, giving her my address so she could come over, because I really don't want to have to venture out at this hour of the night.

I knew I probably looked like a wreck, but I really didn't care, and before I knew it Ashley was standing in my apartment. "Hey," she said softly, her gaze going from her feet to my eyes.

"Hi," I smiled a little.

"So, um, I've been doing some thinking lately," she began hesitantly, "I know that we're friends, and that this is weird but can you please just kiss me like we're not friends, just one more time?" She asked, and with her words I felt my heart speed up and my palms begin to sweat. Ashley tended to do that to me.

"Ashley," I began, but stopped myself. I walked closer to her and examined her face, that I could hardly see because it was the middle of the night and I had no lights on. Slowly, I pressed my lips to hers, and everything about the kiss was slow. It was nice.

Our lips moved in sync, as I tasted the chapstick on her lips. She hesitantly ran her tongue over my bottom lip, like a nervous fifteen year old having their first real kiss. Our tongues danced around in my mouth for a few moments longer, until she pulled away, now flushed.

"That was nice, thank you," she smiled, now leaning against the door of my apartment.

"It was, thank you," I replied.

"Friends?" She asked, holding out her pinky finger in a childish gesture.

"Friends," I confirmed, interlocking her pinky with mine.

With that, she opened the door to my apartment. "It was nice seeing you, I'll see you soon, ok?" She called over her shoulder, and left, leaving me somewhat shocked and dazed.

Fuck me.