4. Coming at your place

" 'Hey'. That's it?"
" Yes, 'That's it', so what do I text back? "
I was talking on the phone with my best friend Destinée. About a certain popular guy who texted me the evening before. I was freaking out, if you couldn't tell.
" Calm down! Since when do you know him anyways?"
" We were at school together, remember? "
" And you guys talked? I never noticed."
" He was in all the classes we didn't have together, FYI."
" Oh I get it."
She sighed then kept going:
" TNT, it's not like I knew him or stuff. Just man up and write a damn Hi!"
" What if he was drunk texting me? Or even high?"
But she wasn't even listening to my hyperbolic worries, for she was yelling something at her dad (her mom would've killed her if she was screaming like that at her).
" You know what? I'm coming at your place, so you better unlock the door right now!"
And she hung up. Since she was living two houses away, I rushed downstairs just in time to open for her.
" What did you do, sprint all your way here?"
" Whatever."
She got inside, screamed 'Hello!' to my parents, discussing in the living room (she always yells if you hadn't noticed), and followed me in my room. I made sure to close the door behind me. Last thing I needed was my mom spying on our conversation. " Why do you make such a big deal out of this?" asked my friend.
" Fine, I'll text him back." I mumbled while picking up my phone on my dresser.
'Hi!' I sent him.
" Add a 'what's up' or something."
" On it."
I texted him what she proposed then turned off my screen.
" So, I said akwardly, how's everyone at CEGEP?"
" It's weird, honestly. Like, not having you around. That, and I hate my program. "
" So, no sciences for DeeDee?"
" Heck no! I just don't know what to pick instead. But how's uOttawa?"
" Cool, I guess. I miss you and the squad a lot."
" You didn't make new friends? Or just hang out with people from the church youth?"
The one billion dollars question.
" Well...not really."
" Why not?" she insisted. "
" Okay it's just that... I don't know, they don't seem to appreciate me much."
" Oh in that case, don't waste time on them. Just wave at them whenever you see them on campus. Just to get on their nerves."
" I won't disappoint you!" I promised her, smirking.
" Alright, TNT, ready for the one billion question?"
Oh, I thought we were done with those.
" What is it?"
" Have you met a special someone? Tall, handsome and Christian?"
" No, I didn't. Although that French guy in my Literacy class is pretty handsome."
I laughed at Deedee's face.
" Is he Christian?" she hurriedly asked me.
" Honey, I hope not, cuz he has a half-naked woman as his laptop desktop background."
" Ugh!"
We kept talking for a while about school and youth group until Destinée got a call from her mom nicely reminding her she had class at 8 o'clock the next morning.
" T (Sometimes my initials were too long to be my nickname), I gotta get going. I text you when I wake up?"
She smirked at me, in case I didn't remember she'd wake up way earlier than me.
" I'll answer when you're in class?" I said back to piss her off.
She stuck out her tongue and walked out of my room.

" Sorry it took so long to answer back, I was working. I'm good, how 'bout you?"
He answered back. At midnight forty-five but still.
I texted Deedee the second I saw it. Even though she was in class, she answered me almost immediately.
DD: What do U want me 2 do?
Me: Invest.
Me: I need to know if he still does drugs.
DD: What if he does? Ya gonna block him or what?
Me: No, I just wanna know if he's a reliable person, that's all.
DD: Just text him to know how's college. And tell him how much you love university too.
Me: Check.
DD: Txt me back when U got news.
I put down my phone and ran into the shower - I was gonna be late for school because of that guy. He wasn't even there and I was getting into trouble for all these days he didn't.