2. Great indeed

Already another update? I'm on fire or what? (Actually, it's because I force myself to write in the bus only so I can focus on homework at home ) Btw feel free to comment below if you got any ideas for the story's cast!

Two days later, I managed to finish the two works due the same day the very same morning - Yeah, I had some work to do in order to survive the finals - and was on my way to Rideau centre. I had to buy those red heels while they were still on sale - for once in my life, I wasn't just chilling at Nordstrom, waiting for my next class to come.

As I was getting out of Aldo, I heard somebody calling me. I didn't even try to search for the person since, half of the time, I was just misunderstanding someone else's name. But the voice shouted again.
" Twilla! "
This time, I turned around only to see one of the most popular girls in high school standing right in front of me. I've never been so surprises of my entier life. It was 10 a.m., there was no way  she didn't have a course in college.
"Jem? What are You doing here?"
"What are you doing here?"
We both start laughing of our shocked faces.
" So lemme guess... You skipped college too? "
" Yeah. I didn't know you were there too, what are you studying? "
" French Studies. What about you? "
" Biomed"
Yeah, I was talking to the most rewarded person of our former school. I grinned.
" Oh that makes sense! Do You like it? " Not gonna lie, it's pretty overwhelming at first. It's hard but I get user to it I guess. What about you? " Not that much, honestly. "
" Yah, French is your thing isn't it?"
" You bet! "
" Is your break over yet? Gonna get back on campus for Maths. "
" Nope, it just started. So I'll see you around? "
" Sure! Send me your time table so we can hang out during our breaks! "
" Alright! "
" Bye! "
And she left me in the store, wondering what did I posted lately that was making me so suddenly cool. Although it wasn't the first time Jemima was talking to me, I wasn't expecting her to invite me to just spend time with her. That thought brought me back to Raja. " Oh who am I kidding? They're just being polite", I told myself.

I finally bought those (amazing) red heels and got back on campus for one more French class. After that, I was good to go home. I called my mom once in the bus, since she tried to call me twice.
" Hey sweetie! " she answered.
" Hi Mom. What was up with all the phone calls? "
" Oh nevermind that, I thought you were done, I was about to send you to buy something at Rideau for me but I'll just go later. How was your day? "
" Great, I found the red shoes I was looking for and have no assignment for tomorrow. How was your day? "
" Great indeed, I got home earlier. "
" Alright, I'll see you then."
I was about to end the conversation when I heard my mom saying:
" I think she forgot..."
" Hello? Mom? "
" Oh, you're still there? "
" What did I forgot? "
She didn't answer right away.
" It's okay, Twilla. But you really don't remember it? "
" What are you talking about, Léa? "
Oups. She's always suspicious whenever I call her by her first name.
" Today's your adoption anniversary. "
Oh no. She'll never forgive me for forgetting about that.
" Oh right. I forgot, I'm really sorry Mom. "
" It's fine, don't worry about it. "
But I was. There was no way I'd get away with it.
" Hum...okay."
" But you are happy with us, are you?"
There it was.
" Mom, come on. Of course I am. "
There was an odd pause then a click.

She had hung up. Great.