Forty Five || Maybe I Need This

Start from the beginning

As I walk in the building, there were a ton of people in there and the line was almost out the door. I look around to see if there is anyone I know in the line and just my luck there wasn't. I stand there for a few minutes and the line still hasn't moved.

Grant walks through the door and right into me. I guess he really wasn't expecting the line. Neither was I.

I smile when he notices it was me. "Oh hi Vena, how are you doing this afternoon?"

I shrug, "It would be better if I could just have my coffee," I complain.

He nods, "Well, I might be able to help you with that." He starts walking around the crowd and towards the counter. He looks back at me probably because I hadn't moved from my place. He motions for me to follow him. I do.

He walks to the side of the counter and waves only one of the employees. "Lia, please get her a coffee quickly," he asks nicely, with a smile.

She nods, "Sure thing, Grant. What would you like?" she asks me.

"Uh, a large french vanilla, please," I order.

She nods and gets right to it. It was within a minute that she had got me my coffee. I pass her my money, but she shakes her head. "It's on Grant."

I turn and look at Grant, "How?"

"Well, to tell you the truth. I own this place, " he tells me.

That surprised me big time. This guy is in college and doesn't even need to be. I know from traveling that these coffee shops are all around the country. He has to have tons and tons of cash coming in. That is crazy.

"Anyways, I have got to go, I'll see you around," he smiles and walks into the back of the shop.

I smile and leave the building. Walking back to James's car, I see him resting his head on the stirring wheel. I open the door and get in. He raises his head and starts the car back up. No words were said as we drove to campus.

~

~

I glance at James as he sits there listening to the professor. This whole thing worried me. I don't know what I did to make him pretty much ignore me. The only thing that could maybe make him be acting like this is when I was overthinking and I told him it was nothing. That is pretty much it unless of course he is overthinking himself.

It is about another hour of the professor talking when she stops and dismisses us. James stands up as soon as she started packing up her stuff.

James and I walk out of the large room and into the hallway. As we walk, I grab his hand and try to hold it but he just shakes his hand away. Well great.

When we got back to the apartment, he just sat down on the couch, not taking off his coat or shoes.

He goes to turn on the T.V. but I take the remote right out of his hands. I stand in front of the T.V. and cross my arms, looking at him. "What the hell is wrong with you today?" I ask him as calmly as I could but I think more anger came out the calmness.

He shrugs, "Nothing is wrong, " he crosses his arms mimicking me.

I shake my head, "No bullshit, James. Just tell me. What did I do?" I push him. Soon enough he'll get pushed over the edge.

He shrugs, "Nothing Vena."

"Then why won't you talk to me?" I ask him.

He smirks, "I'm talking to you right now," he tells me like the smartass he is.

"Fine then smartass, why won't you kiss me?" I ask him.

That same smirk stays planted on his face. "I did when you forced your face on mine." Hardly. He's being a real asshole.