Forty Five || Maybe I Need This

Start from the beginning

I look up at him, he stares back at me. He gives me a questioning look, "What's wrong?"

This whole situation got me thinking, How long will he love for? How long will it take for fate to catch up with us? This is what happens when I overthink. Dammit.

I'll just say nothing to answer him. Then there is no fight or argument. If this is only me overthinking again then it's nothing to worry about.

I shake my head at him, "Nothing is wrong."

He presses his lips together but doesn't say anything. I really hope he doesn't say anything more about it.

~

~

"James get up, we're going to be late... Again," I nag him as I walk into his room. I already missed a class this morning, I'm not going to miss my afternoon one.

I look at him as he just lays there, sleeping. We don't have time for this. I walk over to him and shake his shoulder, gently. He just laid there.

I groaned, I shake his shoulder even harder and he starts to stir a bit. He pulls a pillow closer to his head. He laid there on his stomach in his usual sleeping attire. Shirtless and sometimes pants.

I sigh and sit on his back. It's not usually this difficult to wake him up. I can't be late again and I would really like to get a coffee before the lecture starts. I can't be missing any more class. It seems that I've been missing a lot more classes ever since I started dating James. I need to get him up or I have to leave without him.

Now that I think about it, there is something that I haven't tried yet. I stand up because I don't feel like getting punched in the face today.

I put my hands on the spot where his hips end and his ribs start. I start to tickle him and after a quick moment, he woke up flailing around.

I stop when he is fuller woken. When I stop, he stops thrashing around. He lays on his back, putting his arm over his face, covering his eyes.

It was hard to do with jeans on, but I climb on top of him, straddling him. He moves his arm a bit to be able to see me. "Why did you wake me up?" he asks me.

I shrug, "Oh it's not like we don't have a class to get to in a half hour," I say with clear sarcasm.

He groans, "Shit," he drags out the word.

I get off of him, "Hurry and get ready because I want to get a coffee before it starts," I hurry him. He sits up slowly and rubs his eyes.

I am already ready so I just watched T.V. until James was done. It is about five to ten minutes until he walks into the room and with what little time he had, he looked pretty good.

I look up at him as grabs his computer and puts it in his bag.

"Okay, let's go," he tells me as he puts on his shoes.

I turn off the T.V. and put on my shoes and grab my bag off the couch.

James didn't say anything as he locked the door behind us. He is acting a bit strange. As he drove to the coffee shop, he was still silent. He parked and as he went to unbuckle his seatbelt, I place my hands on the side of his face and kiss him. He didn't kiss back much, it's like his mind was somewheres else. Why on earth did his mood change so rapidly. He was fine before we left the apartment.

I remove my hands from his face and sit back in my seat. I sigh with a great deal of frustration. I don't know what I did that make him so angry.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and walk into the coffee shop without James following me. I don't know what I did.