Chapter4

I let you slide now 'cause I know you not used to it(Kehlani)

JAS

I woke up hungry as hell. Back in this dumbass house. In this dumbass pink room.
I got up and locked the door before I got clothes to take a shower.
Once in the shower my mind went to how my business and grandma was doing.
I missed her and Erica. I didn't really have any parents growing up. After my ninth birthday I barely thought about them.
They were dead. They died in a car crash.
So how could I get kidnapped and somebody ask me about them? Like they dead.
I got out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. Quickly drying off.
I shaved all my hotspots, applied lotion and deodorant, and put on my clothes.
My curly hair was in a nappy bun but I didn't care.
I walked out of my room in search of a way to escape. I had to get free some kind of way. Or that crazy nigga from yesterday would kill me.
I know it.
I quietly tipped down the steps and down the stairs.
As I reached the bottom of the stairs I heard a shuffle. I froze on the step as my chest heaved unbearably and my hands shaked.
It was at least 5am and I know thugs don't wake up this early.
I kept descending down the steps when the shuffle was heard again.
I couldn't take the anticipation and I wasn't finna be stupid and ask who's there.
I ran down the steps and made a fast pace towards the front door.
I unlocked the door and opened it only for a loud ass alarm to go off.
I jumped when I heard that and Cordyns room door opening.
I ran out the door and down the sidewalk but to no avail.
I was swooped into the air and carried back to the house.
I didn't bother to kick or scream. Nobody would hear me anyways.
He sat me down inside the house and I just walked to the kitchen. I'm so fucking fed up and pissed. When I get that mad I cook because it calms me.
"I'll let you slide this time but next time you getting punished.",he said from behind me.
I shrugged my shoulders and continued to take out breakfast food.
"So you mad at me but you finna cook for me?",he asked.
"Man shut the fuck up I'm cooking for my damned self."
"That's a lot of food to eat for yourself. I would ask where it goes but I can see."
I flinched when he grabbed a handful of my ass.
"Get away from me."
I walked out of the kitchen as tears streamed down my face.
I just wanna see my grandma and Erica. I miss them.
I went into my room and flopped down onto the bed. I cried tears of misery into the pillow.
I really don't know why this is happening to me. I heard my room door open and close. My bed dipped and I knew it was Cordyn ass.
"Just get the fuck out."
He sighed and lifted me off the bed with one arm.
Damn he strong.
He made me sit up and look at him with his guiding hand.
"I can see you going through a tough time but you have to trust me. I know its hard but trust me, but you don't know your father like I do."
I scowled.
"I lived with him for eight damn years. I'm pretty sure I know him better than you do."
I rolled my eyes and tucked my legs under me.
"Do you remember the lab?",he asked.
The fuck?
"What the hell are you talking about!? You're crazy!",I yelled as tears came to my eyes again.
"You'll remember in due time. Get some rest, I got some shit I wanna teach you."
He licked his lips and walked out.
I just cried and fell asleep yet again.
Bullshit.

CLAUDIA

I sat in my room anxious. I was scared. Scared of dying.
I think imma die sometime this month. And not from no disease or natural cause.
I sighed as tears streamed down my face.
My skeletons in the closet has caused all of this to happen. I never meant for any of this to happen to Jas. It was just supposed to affect my son but things are crazier than I would have ever planned.
I knew it was some what wrong but I didn't know it would be this wrong.
I'm scared.
But in my heart I know Jas will be okay.
Here I come Catrina.

JAS

I rode in the backseat of his Mercedes in silence. It was about a ten minute drive before we pulled up to a warehouse.
The hell?
"Look please don't kill me. I know I tried to run away but I promise I won't no more.",I cried and real tears fell down my face.
"Don't cry ma. Ain't nobody dying tonight."
I sighed in relief and got out the car.
He led me to the front door and unlocked it.
It smelled like guns in the warehouse but he kept pushing me through the dark until he pushed me into a dimly lit hallway.
We walked down it and into a room that looked like a shooting range. Except there were fake bodies hanging from the curling that were all shot up.
Just imagining this being a real person made me cringe.
"Okay.",Cordyn spoke.
"Imma teach you how to shoot."