Chapter 25

Sasha

There is not much to see here. Literally. Everything here is dark and lonely and cold. I can't feel anything either. It's like I don't exist anymore and I am trapped in an endless abiss of darkness. 

"Help me!" I yelled out into the darkness but all I got was the echo of my own voice. 

"Please! Somebody!"

Is this what the afterlife is like? This is nothing like my parents told me when I was younger. They told me of a heaven where people and angels lived in harmony rejoicing that that they are with the Savior. Maybe I am in hell. Forever alone to pay for the sins that I have committed. 

A deep chuckle echoed through the darkness scaring me making me look around my eyes straining to see something. Anything.

"Hello?" I called.

"Hello" It said again causing a yelp to escape my mouth.

"who's there?" 

"You know who I am" He chuckled. 

His voice was still deep and somehow had a soothing effect on me. 

"I do?" I asked. Still looking around.

"Yes you do darling" He said, It sounded like his voice was coming from behind me. I quickly turned around and spotted a figure standing a bit of a distance away from me. I could tell he was male, mainly from the voice, but also the features. He was tall and had broad shoulders. He was also wearing a pair of jeans with a back fitted shirt and some heavy looking boots. In a way he looked very familiar even though I can't really make out a face. 

I began to move forward towards the man noticing that the closer I got the more I was able to see myself, as if there was a natural light coming from the man. My heart was pounding in my chest as his features began to become more clear. His hair was short and dark brown and his eyes looked to be dark brown as well. Soon I was standing right in front of him.

He was very handsome with a beautifully structured face and a killer smile that I remembered so clearly.

"Daddy?"

He smiled at me showing his white teeth.

"Hi baby girl"

"Daddy!" I cried running into his arms as he spread them wide open for me.

"I missed you so much daddy" 

He stroked and kissed my head tightening his hold on my gently rocking me. I took in his warmth inhaling trying to memorize his scent. So masculine with a hint of cinnamon.

"i know baby girl. I am so sorry I left you and your mother. I did everything I could to protect you but I failed. I failed you both and I am so sorry."

His voice held raw pain as held me.

"You did everything you could daddy" I sniffed pulling away slightly and looked up at him. "You had no control over the situation."

I looked down at me and smiled.

"You've truely grown up Sasha. Though you will always be my baby, you are so mature now raising that grandson of mine."

I smiled thinking about my baby Alessandro. Him and Zephania are truly my world. But my smile soon faded.

"Am I dead?" I asked fearing the answer. 

"No baby, you're not dead" He smiled.

"Then where am I?"

"We are in your mind."