Chapter 2

My feet are killing me!

I have been walking for the past 4 days and I need a place to rest. I walked down the deserted road with Alessandro strapped to my chest. I sang to him and myself as we continued our journey. The road was long and pretty wide with woods stretched as far as the eye can see on either side. I should be afraid that someone can come out and harm us but I felt strangely comfortable here. 

My feet stopped moving as a big sign appeared in front of my face. It was big and had a picture of the most clear water I have ever seen. There was also a picture of a family, the parents and two children on was a little boy while the other was a little girl. They looked as if this was the greatest place to be. The was some words on the sign.

"C-cr-y C--crys-s." Ah I give up! I allowed myself to keep moving. But there was a strange feeling when I passed the sign, like I was crossing some barrier. I didn't ponder too long as I heard the sound of flowing water. I looked to my right and found through the trees a stream. Even from this far the water shined in the sunlight sparkling the water. I found myself walking towards it.

The trees were healthy and strong here as I grew closer to the water. When I finally reached it my breath was stolen from me.

The water was like crystal. It was so clear and I can see the fish that swam in the stream. I didn't even realize that I was smiling as I stared at the beautiful water. The stream flowed down in a rapid pace which will not allow anyone to cross unless they wanted to get caught in the tide. 

I began to walk in the direction from where the water was coming from. The further I walked the slower the pace of the water and I soon came to a dam. It looked as if made by a beaver with the wood and sticks an mud. Water flowed through some of the cracks in the dam and over the top of it was a huge log that looked as if a storm has ripped it's root bringing down the giant tree making a bridge.

I began to climb the steep earth to get a closer look keeping Alessandro close to me. The sight before me was beautiful. On the other side of the log was a beautiful 50ft high waterfall. The mist of the water that came down enchanted this place creating a rainbow . 

"Beautiful I found myself saying." I found myself saying

"It is" 

I nearly jumped out of my skin as I heard that voice. My wolf. I haven't heard from her since I was raped and decided to run away. I felt myself begin to smile.

"It's nice to here from you Sade"

I felt her smile and I pictured it in my mind.

"Yeah."

I smiled and began to walk further near the waterfall. I felt wiggling on my chest and saw Alessandro trying to break free from the holder. I let out a little laugh and pulled him out. 

"There you go  little guy" 

Alessandro stopped squirming and looked at his surroundings. His big light brown eyes showed fascination as he looked. He began to make baby noises and flapping his arms like a mad man.

"Okay okay" I laughed. I placed him on my hip being careful to support his back with my arm and took off my shoes and rolled my pants. I gently touched the water testing the temperature. It was not too cold. I placed both feet in the water and sighed in content. 

"You wanna feel baby boy?" I asked. I got a reply of a little baby yell making me laugh. I gently placed th tip of Alessandro's toes into the water earning a small giggle and him picking his legs up  then putting them back down. 

We played in the water for a while when my wolf began to feel a little bit uneasy. I placed Alessandro fully in my arms as I looked around.  My breath began to quicken.